has anyone here used cardavenue.com?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by r6girl, Dec 24, 2007.

1. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

well, the holiday gift cards have started coming in and i'm thinking i may want to swap some to get things from stores i'm more interested in. i've come across cardavenue.com but i dont' know anyone who has used this service before and was hoping to get some first-hand feedback on how it works. anyone have any experiences to share? :)

2. Baron58 macrumors 6502

I used it to sell a gift card that I had NO intention of using. It's pretty much like eBay in concept, but for gift cards. You're not going to get the full value of the card, obviously..... you'll sell it for quite a bit less than its value. The point is to get *something* for a piece of plastic that you will otherwise never use.

3. r6girl thread starter Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

thanks! :)

i didn't look into the fees on their site very closely - i was hoping to do an even exchange and i should know better than to expect something for free. :eek: it sounds like my best bet would be to post it in a forum like macrumors to do an even exchange with someone else, i guess...

4. CookieCountr macrumors newbie

Plastic Jungle

I prefer Plastic Jungle (www.plasticjungle.com). Same concept, but all transactions are guaranteed.

5. r6girl thread starter Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (my iphone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

thanks! i will check them out...