Has anyone in UK actually successfully claimed off US Applecare from eBay?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bsheridan, Sep 23, 2008.

1. bsheridan macrumors 6502

bsheridan

As the question says;

Has anyone from the UK bought Applecare (AC) from a US seller on eBay actually claimed successfully with it? I don't mean is it registered when you go to apple's website but actually made a claim with AC without problem, using it here in the UK?

I realise that the 'international' AC is only applicable to portable devices, ie not iMacs, Mac Pros.

Thanks, b.

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

If the AppleCare is registered and you check the warranty details online and it shows the laptop has AppleCare cover then I cannot see what the problem would be. It does not matter where the AppleCare was purchased.....or where the laptop was purchased....

I assume that you think there will be questions asked or something....

3. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

There should be no problems. I buy Applecare with the machines both here and in the States and in the almost inevitable situation that the Apple pile of **** develops a fault, UK and US support seem agnostic to where Applecare was purchased. This applies to laptops only I believe, not desktops. Makes sense after all.

4. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

that's not true any more.....it's been several years now since applecare "international" was extended to all Macs