Has anyone managed to install custom alarms (ringtones) like the iPhone can?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pismodude2, Sep 15, 2008.

1. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

iPod Touch (2G) users have the same options for alarm tones as the iPhone (although they use those same files for ringtones).

It seems that iPhone users can add to that list of preloaded ringtones/alarm tones from iTunes, and iPod Touch users cannot. I use my iPod Touch (2G) as an alarm clock now, and would like to have the option of having custom alarms as well. Has anyone seen/heard of/made any progress towards that goal? Even an app that will set off a custom alarm after a period of time would be great, thanks!

2. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

i tried but itunes sed it culdnt be played on this ipod

3. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I haven't found a solution, aside from Jailbreaking, but iToner may be of some help.

I just want Apple to allow us to use the music for our Alarms, just like you can on the iPod and iPod nano.

TEG

4. pismodude2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Yeah, I agree, and the most viable solution for the Touch would seem to be allowing it to install custom ringtones and use them as alarm tones.

If they do that, Apple will make a bit of extra cash (from the people who make them using iTunes songs) and that will make everyone happy! :D

No downside- they just need to update iTunes 8 for the new iPT to be able to install iPhone apps (the recording ones) and ringtones. Next update I'd bet. :) :apple::apple::apple: