Has anyone managed to pre-order an iPhone 4 through a UK carrier yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tombarnes, Jun 16, 2010.

1. tombarnes macrumors 6502

tombarnes

Hello all,

I am eagerly awaiting Vodafone to start accepting iPhone 4 pre-orders. I phoned them about 20 minutes ago, and they said "the system is down, and we can't do any pre-orders". So the operator took my number and said he would call me back when the system was up and ready. I asked him if it would be today and he said "I don't know".

Are any of the other networks accepting pre-orders, and has anyone had a Vodafone experience that has differed to mine.

Cheers!

Tom

2. MikeDTyke macrumors 6502a

Same here, waiting for Orange to pull the finger out. :(

3. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

Tried T-Mobile yesterday but they told me that no pre-orders were been taken at this time, but to keep watching the website and press releases as info will be updated over the next few days/weeks, I asked if I would be able to upgrade now instead of in July but was told that I would be best just to wait as everything iPhone would be sorted by my upgrade date (July 4th).

Not sure if anything said by an operator is truth or a load of bull just to get you off the line but either way I've sold my Nokia 5800 for £70 and gone back to my BB-Pearl until more info is given.

I guess all we can do is wait, we might see UK networks offering Pre-Orders from next week monday.... or not at all and it will be a first come first served basis in store, on the net and by phone on the launch day, would still be nice to see some tariffs and handset prices go live by the end of the week so we have time to shop about and prepare our selves ready for the 24th.

/Rookie

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

none of the networks are pre-ordering yet it seems