Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

byke

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2007
LDN. UK
Has anyone tried CNCing a hole in the lid of their Mac mini and replacing said hole with plexiglass? In the hopes of improved bluetooth connectivity ? Or do you think the bluetooth issues that are often mentioned relate to poor quality control of certain components?

Kaida

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2016
Singapore
you know you can remove the aluminum foil tape and apple logo right? :D

WhatsApp Image 2022-08-15 at 7.35.04 PM.jpeg

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Has anyone tried CNCing a hole in the lid of their Mac mini and replacing said hole with plexiglass? In the hopes of improved bluetooth connectivity ? Or do you think the bluetooth issues that are often mentioned relate to poor quality control of certain components?
Sounds like desperate measures, but I well understand it.

My Mini has really ****** BlueTooth.
Solutions I have tried: I am not using any USB-A ports, WiFi off, the Mini is standing on its side, bottom facing me on my desk…

While this has improved BT slightly it is still really bad.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
I don't think you're going to improve the Mini's bt performance by drilling holes into it...

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004

I've abandoned the bluetooth mouse I'd been using with my M1 mini and am using a wired mouse. The bluetooth keyboard continues to work tho

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.