Has anyone needed to replace their iPad Pencil tip yet?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by fink13, Aug 21, 2016.

1. fink13 macrumors newbie

fink13

I have had my Pencil since December and haven't noticed any change in the tip. Has anyone else need to change theirs yet?

2. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

Nope, had mine for months and still on the original tip. I guess the rate of degradation is partly linked to how much pressure you place on the tip when you use it.
    If you've got a light touch it'll probably last quite a while.

3. nickyD410 macrumors 6502

nickyD410

Mine still looks like new, and I've been drawing with it a lot since I got it in November.

4. A.R.E.A.M. macrumors regular

Yeah bought the pencil launch day and had to replace one due to me dropping the thing tip down on this hard @$$ floor here at the office, not once, not twice, but several times over a few days (ya know new toy, novelty, showing it off, etc). :) That was back in January and I am on the backup tip that came with the pencil. The tips are surprisingly rigid and tough, but they are no match for repeated abuse dropping them tip down on a floor.... :)

I have 4 spares so I am ready for anything... :)

Suggest keeping the tip wiped down frequently to prevent anything from scratching the tablet face...

5. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Do you have a photo of the packaging for the spare nibs? I've been super curious how they ship...

6. A.R.E.A.M. macrumors regular

This is not the main packaging. It came in a retail box, similar to the apple pencil. I keep these in a backpack pouch, ready to go...

tips.jpg

7. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

Oooh interesting. Thanks for that!

8. alecgold macrumors 65816

alecgold

Old thread, but I change office floors from vinyl or carpet to a kind of epoxy-tiny-gravel floor and man, every time the pencil drops it either dings the cap or the tip. And when the tip gets a ding, there is a good chance of showing some brass insert and I'm not going to risk scratching my precious 12.9" screen. So I think I'm on nib no. 6 or 7 :(
    I've attached a pencil p-205 clip to the pencil of my 9.7" iPP and that one hardly ever falls.
    I use the 9.7 to clip the pencil to the keyboard and walk around the office, take it to short meetings to have a notepad and to have all files with me when I need them in a jiffy.
    The clips is serious handy for that, but a huge annoyance when writhing with it. The point of the clip tends to just scratch and irritate my hand when I write and that is really annoying.

So Apple needs to make a vanishing clip like Lamy did on the dialog 3 rollerball. That one is magic! I have no idea how they would integrate that into the stuffed Pencil without making it a baseball bat diameter, but it would be nice. They could also make the point retractable.
    Keep dreaming :D