Has anyone NOT bricked their Ret imac w/ .2?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by xgman, Nov 21, 2014.

1. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

Yes I know there is a "news" thread about the .2 seed, but I think this info is too important not to post here in the imac section. Reports of beta 10.10.2 bricking new retina imacs. Has anyone on a Retina imac loaded .2 without any major issues? Is Apple even aware of this? (likely not) :rolleyes:

2. santaliqueur macrumors 6502a

So is the problem widespread or not? Your statements contradict each other.

3. xgman thread starter macrumors 601

xgman

I'm just asking. I have seen several posts saying that .2 messed up retina imacs and only one so far that seems to be on a rimac without having to reinstall 10.10.1.

4. boast macrumors 65816

boast

That would be one big brick! Couldnt even use it as a paper weight.

5. xgman thread starter macrumors 601

xgman

At least they have apparently been able to recover by downgrading via TM backup.

6. robgendreau macrumors 68040

Care to share any references to the problem? I couldn't find any with a quick search over the Intertubes. Maybe all the riMac users couldn't post from their new bricks....:D

7. Shazaam! macrumors member

Shazaam!

Happened to my retina (twice ) before I figured out it was the 10.10.2 upgrade.

8. xgman, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014

xgman thread starter macrumors 601

xgman

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1821242

It's not coming up on my updates seed program on the app store now so maybe they did pull it? (someone said it isn't on the seed program yet which apparently is just as well)

9. Thrifty1 macrumors regular

It wasn't showing up as an update for me either (I'm on the customer seed program) but it was because I did not have final build of 10.10.1.

I forget exactly how I got the final 10.10.1 build. I believe I had to go into system preferences - App Store and change the "Your computer is set to receive pre-release Software Update seeds" to "Do not show pre-release updates". Then I believe Software Update showed the final 10.10.1 build and I installed it. After that I had to go back in to the App Store system pref and turn back on "show pre release updates" (I may have had to run the Seed Configuration Utility again first).

After I did the above the 10.10.2 update now appears. I just checked and it is still available as a software update for me tonight. However, with the problems many have been having, I have not installed it. My son installed it and has had several problems.