Has anyone not had a problem with their new 2g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jrok18, Sep 23, 2008.

1. jrok18 macrumors regular

It seems like every thread is about having a problem with their new touch 2g and this saddens me bc im afraid ill have a problem too. I haven't tried out my new touch bc it wont sync to my computer ever since i downloaded itunes 8 . So has anyone not experience any problems with their 2g?

2. archi17 macrumors regular

There is nothing wrong with mine! Works great

3. ChristopheJD macrumors regular

I have a pixel stuck, and in the sun or light, i could see a small scratch underneath the glass, plus some dust. I'm kinda mad about it, but I can't see either of the above. For one thing, I keep the brightness level low, and the dust and scratch aren't visible unless it's off and reflecting light. Oh, and I have a scratch on the front chrome already. I honestly think Apple could do better.

4. BennyK macrumors 6502

I am not aware of any problems with mine. I am very happy so far!!

5. kwatch macrumors newbie

I returned 2G 32GB ipod touch last week because it had one dead pixel. I just got a new one at bestbuy tonight. Unfortunately, this one also had one dead pixel. I'm not sure if I should retrun it and get a replacement.

6. AHB900 macrumors newbie

Mine has wi fi problems, and application loading problems. Apple does not seem to wanna give me an appointment to get it checked out... Not happy

7. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

I am not sure that it is problem. new ipod touch hesitates to connect with wifi in public place. even apple store, it is not connected immediately. I have to turn wifi off and on again. it's hassle. does anybody know about this?
    but wifi signal is very strong. other than that, I have no problem. I think that 2.1.1 software is almost perfect.

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

OP, the reason you see nothing but problems is, who is going to go and post about everything working fine?

keep that in mind. People usually only say things when there is a problem.

9. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry if a dumb question but what is a dead pixel?I think i asked this b4 but never gotten an answer.

10. ChristopheJD macrumors regular

Dead pixel means a pixel that can't produce color.
    Stuck pixels are pixels that are stuck on one color.

Pixels are small dots on the screen which individually provide color.

That's my explanation, don't take my word for it.

My stuck pixel isn't even worth turning in for. I got my iPod engraved and I'm not willing to send it back just yet. Maybe before my warranty ends.

11. kitenski macrumors regular

kitenski

not seen any problems with mine so far........

12. bildio macrumors regular

No problems since received on September 12th.

13. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F138 Safari/525.20)

Have you not noticed that on the Internet? Many places, including "product" forums like Mac Rumors, are filled with complaint threads; think about it, if you have something working perfectly then you're not very likely to open a topic about it (yeah it happens, albeit rarely). Meanwhile, humans have a tendency to bitch if they have problems with anything, and it is that small amount of people that you have seen post those complaint threads.

I myself haven't had a single problem with my iPod in the five days I've had it, compared to quite a few when I got my first gen.

14. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

Had mine a couple of days and it's been flawless so far-

Screen's great
    Pics, movies, music look and sound fantastic
    Coverflow works much better than I thought
    WiFi's sound- good range too
    App Store works perfect
    Battery's good

No complaints at all. Love my Touch!

15. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Nothing worth complaining about. It may not be perfect as some people on here expect, however I am also not hyper sensitive to the most minor of issues.

[​IMG]

16. mzd macrumors 6502a

mine works great! i've had a couple app crashes, but nothing major and nothing that hasn't stopped. :)
    and wifi is working great everywhere i've tried (home/work)!

17. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

IT8 screwed all my artwork....I get black boxes now..

18. monsieur tran macrumors newbie

major freeze (once)

I had a major freeze issue the first time I was demonstrating it to friends. and I was so psyched because I love this thing, I must've sounded like an Sales rep or something.. until BANG: total freeze.
    power off didn't work; manual reset didn't work; so I just left it as is in my pocket and after a few minutes, checked and it was responding again.

still, worried me a bit at first because I'd only had it for 3 days and battery was full.

one thing that does bother me however is how easily the back scratches
    . I made the mistake of putting the Touch on my MAC PRO at work for a couple of minutes to sync it and when I pulled it off, it slid a bit and the back is all scratched now.
    nothing that alters the functionality in any way, and I'd rather the back get scratched rather than, say, the SCREEN, but for resale purposes, kinda uncool.

looks like I'll have to get one of those 34.95$ cases . I had a really cool orange "incase" but it's for Touch 1g, so it doesn't fit with the new iPods because of the external volume button.

19. gsugators macrumors member

20. jbernie macrumors 6502a

jbernie

Only issue I have had is with the wifi, need to turn it off/on occasionally to get the connection, given I live in a small condo it certainly isnt the distance from the access point :). It certainly seems to find the access points ok, just sometimes it doesn't want to connect. Not a big concern, hopefully a a software update will correct that.