Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleFan.

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2024
Is anyone with light or heavier workloads noticing a difference in performance between the M1 and M2 iPads compared to the M4 iPads?

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
Is anyone with light or heavier workloads noticing a difference in performance between the M1 and M2 iPads compared to the M4 iPads?

The main spot so far where I’ve pushed it was transferring data and it was very fast. I think pro apps like Final Cut and Logic will be where you’ll see the main speed bump.

Isengardtom

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2009
The main spot so far where I’ve pushed it was transferring data and it was very fast. I think pro apps like Final Cut and Logic will be where you’ll see the main speed bump.
Agreed. And I’m sure some of those newer games they are releasing will take advantage of the improved GPU

Reactions: DougFNJ

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
Not sure how much faster but was a bit faster when updating to 17.5 compared to my M2 12.9” update. Not a whole lot faster did seem faster.

Snoggin

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2011
I have 1.7 TB from 3.5 hrs of 4k video I shot four cameras and it runs smooth in Davince Resolve for IPad . Loaded fast from Sd cards and Samsung T7 shield hard drives.. Trying to transfer files from my macbook pro is very slow though and not sure why? Any ideas? Im coming from a Gen 1 iPad Pro thats 9 years old.. so far this seems about as powerful as my 16” MacBook Pro. Crazy. For what I do

I bought this standard glass version after reading the Nano comments and my original order of the Nano version will arrive today and Ill have to make a decision.. For me Im thinking the Nano will be awesome. I checked them both out at the store but really need to work with each for a couple days I think to make a decision.. I use the iPad also to run live sound outdoors a good bit and I thought the Nano looked good too with video and photos which would be my main productivity type projects

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.