Has anyone noticed this?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Tenwamarukun, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Tenwamarukun macrumors newbie

Without moving your mouse at all while doing this, click a stack about 3 or 4 times VERY QUICKLY. The stack isn't collapsing, is it? Now move your mouse a little, click. It collapsed, didn't it? This an issue on my MacBook, please tell me if anyone else has this issue.

2. thesdx macrumors 6502a

Yep, this is pretty common in Leopard. Hopefully, it'll be one of the many bugs fixed with 10.5.2.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I havent noticed before, but now that you mention it. Then again, the only time I click on one of my stacks is to access something in it, so I never try to immediately close it without moving the mouse.

4. thesdx macrumors 6502a

I'm pretty anxious for 10.5.2. There are plenty of Stacks issues that they need to fix. Probably the most annoying is what happens when you have magnification on. You fan out a stack, move your mouse away from the dock, and the stack hangs out high above the stack.

Attached Files:

5. ChronoYu macrumors member

Now you mention it, that's true. I have been having a little trouble when trying to open and close a stack, but I never bothered to think much about it. Hmm... Do you think they'll be fixing it?

6. Tenwamarukun thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I hope that they do. I hope that they do because I'm a major Stack User. Every day at least (maybe) 3 times, I use a Stack. So, yes, I hope that they do.

7. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

I hope that they incorporate an option in Systems Preferences to have the stacks open only as Grid, I find it much more usable

8. ThomasShaped macrumors regular

ctrl+click>view as..?

9. ChronoYu macrumors member

Eh? But they do come with Grid. You have to click to view as either Fan or Grid. Yeah, I too prefer Grid. It's easier.

10. yudilks macrumors regular

11. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

I meant as default so that you don't have to do the above for each stack.

12. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Then people will moan that they can't manage the stacks individually. It only takes about 5 seconds or so to set the pref for each one. I have a total of five. It's not a big deal, really. Actually, I'd just as soon have pre-10.5 behavior available as an option, I got quite accustomed to it.

13. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

14. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Place your Dock at the side. Et voilà, Grids only.

15. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

This isn't a bug it's the way Stacks is suppose to work. Once you click on a stack and it begins to open, it doesn't accept anymore commands (clicking) until it's fully fanned out or completely gridded. That's why when you move your mouse and click it the stack collapses. Actually, you don't even need to move your mouse. Just wait until its finished opening and then click again, voila!

Sounds to me how you want it to work is that if you accidentally click on a stack that the very next click, even if the stack is still in the process of opening, would immediately close the stack.