I did. I went with the basic 13" 4GB Ram, 128GB SSD and I could not be happier. Of course that basic rMB is better in terms of screen res, specs (RAM, SSD) and size/weight, but is significantly more expensive than MBA. Here are my reasons:
1) Price - a big PLUS for MBA
2) Battery - a big plus as well, the best battery of all Macbooks
3) Connectivity - one USB-C? Hell no since I still use (like majority of others) classic USB external discs, USB sticks etc.
4) Display - a plus for me, I dont mind lower res, my former laptop was 1366x768 and thanks to lower res, better batery life
5) Classic CPU - I hate the slowing down on Core M
and some others.
For my use - school, internet, Youtube and light gaming like HS, the best laptop out there
Of course, in few years rMB will be better than MBA, with price drop and when more things will be wireless, but now, not a chance for me.
PS. 4GB Ram is more than enough for me, with my usage