Has anyone played kane and lynch:dead men????

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spoon man, Nov 24, 2007.

1. spoon man macrumors 6502a

spoon man

im not sure if i should get it i loved the hitman games but there have been some reviews that have'nt been kind to the game i was woundering if anyone had played it or has got it and what do you think :confused:

2. Maldini macrumors regular

Maldini

I have it on the 360.. and to be honest its not that good..for me the gameplay is slow and the multiplayer mode is not worth it..they had great ideas for the game but poorly executed.

3. spoon man thread starter macrumors 6502a

spoon man

really i was watching a games show and they said that a large percent of the levels have no checkpoints and have to be replayed again and again which can be really frustrateing and the multiplayer was the only good thing about it but ive also read some good reviews on the game :confused:

4. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

my husband is playing this right now as i type this. he initially bought it for both of us to play together, but i get entirely too frustrated with the controller - he has far more practice than me at moving characters around and i can't keep up without a lot of cursing.

he thinks the game is just okay - good concept, but frustrating in some ways. like spoon man said, checkpoints are few and far between and replaying scenes is far too frequent if you die in the middle. getting characters around isn't that great - they get stuck by small things in their way for no apparent reason.

and i know that this game is for age 17 and up only, but i have to imagine that many under 17 get their hands on these things and i'm appalled to think of kids growing to think this kind of language is okay and shooting cops is useful. :eek:

5. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

From the stuff floating around the interwebs it seems like the game needed some more time and maybe to be released about 6 months ago :D The market is so crowded with great games that medicore ones are gonna look like garbage by comparison (Blacksite: Area 51 looks to be in the same boat).

It's a same because Hitman was pretty awesome, and the story looks interesting in K&L.

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

The game had a lot of potential and I read somewhere the story/online play is top notch. They should of delayed it and polish it up some more.

Bless