Has Anyone Played Left 4 Dead 2?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mystikal, May 3, 2010.

1. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

So I bought l4d2 last night and I started playing today on boot camp. The problem is my ping is always above 100 no matter the server I join. I can run TF2 with NO problems, but my l4d2 ping is high. I changed the MP ping limit with that console command but no luck.
    Ive googled and checked the steam forums but haven't found anything too useful. Can someone help me?

2. Teilzeitemo macrumors newbie

I experienced a similar problem. After "google"ing, I found out, that this is related to the server you connect. Most of them are in the US, so when you connect from europe, you will always have a Ping >200 ms.

3. tommytomickey macrumors newbie

im in sydney, there is no problem for me, the ping is around 50.
    when u guys play game, is ur mac giving off a high peak noise?? I think it's the current flowing noise..:confused:
    and it went really hot as well........... so is that normal??

4. cartmanaf macrumors newbie

while at the menu screen having just loaded in hit tilde to bring up the console then type in "openserverbrowser" without the "" then sort the servers by ping and select one with a low ping. :)

5. andrew086 macrumors regular

I have L4D2 on my 360 (will get it for steam when it comes out for mac) and I love it, but I too suffer from very slow connections. I don't know where to find the ping on the 360, but I've noticed that the internet always drops from full bars to no bars. I don't have this issue for other games.