Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Hello as the question states has anyone got a current iPhone and used in the UK after setting up here? (In the uk).

My husbands on Vodafone and they do esims but want to know if it’s a smooth process?

Thanks!

metman888

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2022
Not exactly what you’re asking but both me and the wife has bought phones in the US in the past when on trips and used them back in the UK without issue. Obviously the chargers won’t work but never used esims.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
thanks a lot. still appreciate the response. Yes we've bought phones before from the US too - but never with esim!

Lex404

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)
I got mine in the US and using it in Poland. No problems. Had the 13PM also from the US and used esim in Poland.

Lex404

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
PL (&US, JP)
15 Pro 512, yeah. The phone + the flight round trip was cheaper than getting it here lol 🤣
It was just a bit trickier to preorder cos I needed an american phone number, then there was some payment drama cos my bank declined initially, then they cancelled my order, then I cried, then they put it back and took my money so when I landed I went from JFK straight to Apple Store haha

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.