Has anyone ran CS3 on a MacBook yet?

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Socorso, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Socorso macrumors member

I'm thinking of purchasing a laptop as a 'travel' machine (not to replace my desktop) but wondering what the performance differences would be between the MB and MBP.

2. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

There really wouldn't be much of a difference at all. One of the most glaring differences between the MB and the MBP, besides screen real estate, is the graphics card. As far as I know, Photoshop's performance relies heavily on your RAM and CPU, not your graphics card.

3. snickelfritz macrumors 65816

snickelfritz

I've heard that CS3 includes OpenGL support.
    This suggests that your graphics chipset and video RAM will make a difference .

4. Roy Hobbs macrumors 68000

Roy Hobbs

Photoshop CS3 runs a lot better on my MacBook than CS2 did

5. itzfreak macrumors newbie

dunno if this helps, but i made a similar experience one generation before the macbook generation:
    i bought an ibook because i thought the powerbook wouldn't make so much of a difference. i use adobe software all the time and have a g5 at my workplace so i thought i wouldn't need a fast mobile computer. in the end however i got sick of the ibook. one of the worst things compared to my friend's powerbook was the screen-size, where the powerbook is definitely superior (and the macbook pro even more so, with its high screen resolution), and of course the graphics card.

today i'd also say the macbook pro would be the better choice because the macbook only ships with a glossy screen (not useful for graphic work in my opinion) and because the macbook pro has a firewire 800 plug (useful very often when you need to copy data from office disks).