Has anyone received a MacBook Pro with a 2.6 chip yet

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gadgetfreaky, Nov 16, 2007.

1. gadgetfreaky macrumors 6502a

I literally ordered mine within an hour of the website update. I noticed they changed the ship times and a reseller is telling me he can get me one overnight. Please post here if you got yours yet.

2. grosbide macrumors newbie

Ordered my MBP on the 4th of November. Supposed to ship on the 26th.
    I think Apple will get a big shipment of the 2.6 in a couple of days. In fact I assume it would be their first. I have been to 2 apple stores and they kept telling me that I could only get this CPU online. None in stock, no plans for them to have any in stock soon.
    Who is your reseller? I find it hard to believe that he can get you one.. but you never know..

3. jameskohn macrumors 6502

eagerly awaiting....

Ordered mine Nov. 1, order tracking still says "ships by Nov. 22". This has not changed since I placed the order. I have yet to confirm that ANYBODY has actually received a 2.6 MBP yet. Nov. 22 is the earliest ship date I've heard about. I question a reseller who quotes 24 hour turnaround on this... I'd take him up on it, but not without getting something in return if he does not keep his promise. Sounds shady, not sure I'd want to deal with him at all.

4. fluffy.fearless macrumors newbie

Yeah, I haven't gotten mine either... I ordered on Nov. 2, estimate is nov.23 still...

But, when I went on the Apple Store last night, I saw that now they are estimating 5-7 day ship time for 2.6Ghz MBPs... which means that someone ordering last night would still get theirs before my estimate date... so I'm assuming they should ship any day now... The suspense is killing me. I want my freaking computer.

5. rtalex macrumors member

I ordered mine on the 3rd of november and it still says it will be shipping on 11-26....soooo long : (

I wonder if there is any chance that it will ship before that. This is my first order with the apple store. In the past have they shipped items before their ship date?

6. fluffy.fearless macrumors newbie

My first Apple Store purchase too. My friends were all shocked that there was any delay, especially this much delay. they said that in the past they've had plenty of stock right on the release dates. This sucks. The computer was kind of an impluse buy for me, and this wait is just sucking all the instant gratification right out of me :mad:

They should give me free stuff. hehe... Should be like pizza deliveries, you know? 30 days or it's free? :D

7. rtalex macrumors member

Yea, this waiting is killing me. I check my order status like 2 times a day knowing that its still going to be at least 10 days....

I really hope Apple ships it out earlier...like today!

I think we should get free stuff too! Almost 30 days to wait is way too long....maybe we should get free Apple Cinema Displays :D

8. marcmm macrumors newbie

Order mine on Nov 5th

I actually ordered one on Oct 31st (a 2.4ghz).Fortunatly for me there was a computer glitch with the change of system at apples for the new Macbook, Macbook Pro coming out. I canceled that order and re order the 2.6ghx 4 Ggs of RAM 200gig 7200rpm on Nov 5th. Like most of you Im waiting impatiently. Its says Nov26th as the shipping date. But they will ship sooner if it becomes available and ship directly from oversees when it;s ready.

-marcm

9. grosbide macrumors newbie

I also have no experience with the apple store online. Could it be that the whole process might take even longer than the actual dates apple are telling us?

10. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

patiently waits and watches as has not yet ordered

11. rtalex macrumors member

:( I hope it does not take longer. Has anyone placed an order from the Apple store and received it earlier than the estimated ship date? Or even later than the ship date?

I hate the waiting game...

12. jameskohn macrumors 6502

My experience with the Apple Store online has always been very good. They have ALMOST always exceeded expectations by shipping ahead of the promised date. This time though, I'm not getting my hopes up. Nov. 22 seems to still be the "d-day" for the 2.6 chips. If you go to the store and start to configure one of these, the 200Gb drive bumps shipping to 3-5 days. The 2.6Ghz chip still bumps it to "5-7 days". In other words, Nov. 22.

It's kind of fun watching and waiting though, and these should be very, very zippy machines. So what are we going to order next?

13. rtalex macrumors member

I hope mine ships on the 22nd instead of the 26th...that would be lovely! : )

14. dgalligan macrumors newbie

This seems to be the popular waiting room for the 2.6 MBP on the net these days. Ordered on the 14th hours before the change to 5-7 days. No new update on my shipping date of Dec. 6th.

15. byttle macrumors member

byttle

MBP: 2.4 Ghz, 200GB 7200rpm, shipped today from shanghai, apple says ill have it on the 21st and fedex has yet to update the ETA on their website...

i cant wait...its just too much...first mac...

16. rtalex macrumors member

When did you place your order?

17. grosbide macrumors newbie

yes it seems that apple got some 200 gig HDs way before the 2.6 cpus...
    That's another issue

18. byttle macrumors member

byttle

Nov 12, 2007 at 08:16 PM PST, so says apple and it shipped today

19. byttle macrumors member

byttle

ah...the day that i ordered the mbp the shipping thing at the top said 7-10 and now i just went back to the site...added the drive..and now its only 3-5 days, sweet :eek:

20. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

I'm getting really itchy now.... May order very soon

21. rtalex macrumors member

well it would be great to have our new macs for the holiday week next week. However I doubt they will ship early to us.....but I will keep wishing ;)

22. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

The reason why Apple doesn't have them in stock is because they never actually believed anyone was stupid enough to shell out 250$ for less than 2% increase in performance :D

They just put that BTO option there so the MBP wouldn't be overshaded by the new Macbooks :p.

23. vtecyo macrumors newbie

the distributor here in new zealand claims they have no stock of any macbook pro whereas it says "estimates ship: within 24hrs". they don't even have the entry level MBP, not to mention the BTOs. gutted.

24. dgalligan macrumors newbie

Someone is jealous. Apple would NEVER consider the fact that people (PROfessionals) would have their companies buy the most capable laptop on the market at the time of purchase. Especially the Macbook PRO. Wow, yeah they really missed the boat on that one. Apple is no stranger to CPU part shortages, believe me. It is annoying due to the premature announcement and sales of the machine, but largely out of their control. Apple can't make the parts become available any sooner.

25. sammyAD macrumors member

Ordered mine (2.6ghz + 200gb) on Nov 4th, estimated ship date is still 26th.

Estimated delivery on December 3rd is too far off. This will be a long two weeks.