Has Anyone Recieved Their I7 Imac earlier then "delivery date"?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by avpmusic, Dec 9, 2009.

1. avpmusic macrumors newbie

i purchased my imac on the 1st online. it is a I7, 8gb ram Imac.
    and i've been waiting anxiously and apple says it will ship on the 15th. and it should be delivered on the 18th.

i just checked the status order and it just changed from "not shipped" to "Prepared for Shipment" and i am wanting to know if its possible for me to get my imac before the 18th delivery date..

i am using my imac for my business so the sooner the better!

2. NHskier macrumors newbie

I received mine a week earlier than the forecast delivery date. Same config as yours.

NHskier

3. r4m3y macrumors newbie

The original ship date for mine was tomorrow 12/11 receiving next Wednesday 12/16. They shipped it 3 days early, it is sitting in Alaska at this moment and I should receive it by 10:30 tomorrow morning. Excited

4. DD2009 macrumors newbie

iMac i7 with MacMall Rebate

Did I make a mistake? I got lured into the discount Macmall is offering ( mentioned here on MacRumors ) instead of buying from Apple directly.
    I ordered my base i7 model on 11/23 and the estimated time MacMall is supposed to receive the computer is 12/21. One month!!!!
    When I bought it they said it would ship in 5 - 7 days.
    Somehow I feel like it's Apple not shipping them to retailers.
    Nice move, Apple. And thanks for bombarding me with iMac e-mail ads.

Frustrating, frustrating, frustrating.

5. jondolar92 macrumors newbie

Delivery date!!!???

Here is what I try to send to Apple-Support-Discussion group but the Webmaster censored my comment twice:
    For the Webmaster of Apple-Support-Discussion group that force me to censure my comment because I was suggesting some legal issues, I suggest you to send my comment to the Apple Head Office because it seems that you didn’t understand my comment or you don’t know the rules of being in business. I find that my comment was very constructive. I suggested some legal action to make Apple be aware how it is inappropriate to treat costumers this way.
    I am an Apple owner since 1987. The 27 inches i7 will be my sixth Mac. I am also in bussiness since 30 years. There is an old rule that still applies in business that is : if something goes wrong, 1- React 2- React fast and 3- Make your reaction shows.
    I remember of the Starkist compagny that were selling fish in cans that had quality problems with the fishes so some people got sick. The gouvernment agency for food in Canada had to order all the cans of fish from Starkist to be be taken away from all the stores in Canada. The compagny denied any problem and did nothing else. I heard that the Starkist compagny had gone bankruptcy.
    Up to now, Apple had done nothing. They still advertise that the delivery time on a new iMac 27 i7 is two weeks when on the phone they say the iMac 27 i7 is Back Order. They are misleading the consumer from my point of view. This is unacceptable. Fortunately in Quebec, Canada we have some gouvernment instances that protect constomers from beeing mislead or mistreated by the sellers.
    When I talked to a clerk at Apple, the woman said there was a delay in shipping. That the iMac 27 i7 was Back Order. She didn’t want to commit for a delivery time I should receive my iMac. She told me not before Christmas and probably not in 2009. She had nothing to say about the fact that on their Website Apple still advertise a shipping date in two weeks. She added there were no compensation to be waited from Apple for the excessive delays and for the misleading of the costumers on their Website.
    Again, I found this attitude from Apple unacceptable and think that every customer that have some legal power to protet them in their country that they use it as to show Apple that this is not at the quality standards the we were used to with Apple and that we won’t accept to be treated this way by Apple or by any compagny acting this way.
    I am a proud owner of Apple product since 1987 and I am deeply trouble by what is happening right now between Apple and their costomers.
    We need answers fast.

iMac ordered 27 inches i7
    Have to use a Toshiba since I sold my iMac G5 last Sunday.

6. jondolar92 macrumors newbie

7. jondolar92 macrumors newbie

I forgot. Take care of what you will write on that forum because they censured me twice. See my last comment censured by Apple-Support-discussion group.

8. MacGar macrumors newbie

WTF!

I ordered mines on Jan 12th and have not still received it. I kept calling their customer service and kept complaining about how I have college and its urgent. So what happened? I got an $100 + $33 shipping refund for having to wait so damn long... (you should do the same too.. ;))

today, jan 27th, is when it is suppose to ship out and i am suppose to get it on feb 1st...

let's see how that works out... :rolleyes:

9. centrix macrumors newbie

Delays in shipping iMac 27 inches

Same situation as MacGar. My 27 inch i7 was ordered Jan 12 with a ship date of Jan 27 and a delivery date of Feb 1. After calling Apple this afternoon they assured me that my dates were the dates that reflected in their system and would not change.

Obviously Apple was wrong!!!!!!!!! I just check my Order Status on Apples Website and the delivery date has been pushed out to Feb 16 with no explanation for the change in dates.:mad:

10. MacGar macrumors newbie

Finally!

My date was switched to Feb 16 as well. But now they already shipped it and I should expect it on Feb 2nd or 3rd!

About time...

11. MitchLewis macrumors member

12. ewm3 macrumors newbie

waiting, waiting....

ordered and paid for my i7 early December through authorised Mac dealer. Was expecting delivery Christmas; each week I am told "We don't know when they will arrive." Not happy!