Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

louis0nfire

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
How long did it take for them to give you a replacement? Did they trust that your issues are only random and can't be proven really?

ubestbsteppin

macrumors regular
May 23, 2008
Yeah I returned mine today for an exchange. I had a genius bar appt because I didn't feel like getting stuck in any iPhone lines. The Genius took my phone and sent me to a saleperson who got me a brand new-in-box iPhone and had me open and all (exactly the same as when I first bought it). Whole process took about 10 minutes and nobody ever questioned a thing. I love the Apple store!

louis0nfire

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
Yeah I returned mine today for an exchange. I had a genius bar appt because I didn't feel like getting stuck in any iPhone lines. The Genius took my phone and sent me to a saleperson who got me a brand new-in-box iPhone and had me open and all (exactly the same as when I first bought it). Whole process took about 10 minutes and nobody ever questioned a thing. I love the Apple store!

Wow, I hope it's that easy for me. I'm just going to throw in a bunch of issues just to help my case.

Oct 31, 2005
I returned mine today (well ordered my replacement anyways). My phone was having issues connecting to the edge or 3g networks. I would have to make 10 "failed" calls before I would receive signal. It was stuck in "no signal" even when it was obviously in signal range. They didn't have any problems ordering me a replacement, should be here over the weekend or on Monday.

Note: they did not see the symptoms at all, or course it doesn't do it when I need it to. Just took my word for it.

louis0nfire

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 22, 2008
My list of stuff to say, piling it on will help my case. Hopefully the employee will just think 'too many issues, just get him a replacement'.

touch screen unresponsive at times
sometimes none of the buttons work to wake phone up
restarts randomly
speaker pops from time to time when playing music
sometimes it takes 10 "call failed" attempts on 3g or edge

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.