Has anyone *seen* a white iphone at 02/cpw (uk)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hazdageez, Jul 12, 2008.

1. hazdageez macrumors newbie

Has anyone definately seen white iphones at 02 or CPW?

I am desperate for a white 02 upgrade. They only seem to be available at apple stores on new contracts.

Im seriously considering just taking a new contract out for one and losing my existing 02 number

any help??

2. byron_hinson macrumors 6502

CPW and O2 said don't expect any white ones at those stores until September

3. hazdageez thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i realise this is the official word, but its just annoying the hell out of me that they have them for sale at the apple store for existing customers only.

4. cyberbolt macrumors member

I thought Apple stores could only do new customers only?

5. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

6. byron_hinson macrumors 6502

Yeah only for new customers at the Apple Store

7. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

is that new customers as in current o2 but non iphone customers too?

8. byron_hinson macrumors 6502

Only non O2 customers - anyone on O2 already wanting to upgrade HAVE to go to O2 or Carphone Warehouse

9. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

Bum. I was going to force, I mean suggest that my husband got a white phone and then cunningly swap it for the black I've got coming... Foiled again. :rolleyes:

10. Medic macrumors member

Saw white ones (had only 4) at the o2 store of Chiswick but quickly ran out. Go to apple store Regent Street. I wanted a white one but in the end changed my mind when I compared them side by side.

11. Prometheus2000 macrumors member

So close :)

I went to the two O2 places in Meadowhall, Sheffield today and they did sell out, then I went to the Apple Retail Store just across one store and was greeted by a very friendly chap and it seemed they had plenty of iPhones, also whites and I could get an appoinment later...but I wanted to upgrade, which does not work in the Apple store (why on earth, don't they have that computer connection to O2?) so we walked over to the O2 store and asked them whether I could just bring the iPhone from the Apple Store to them and we do the upgrade...

No, was not possible...so close to the finishing line :) Also when I saw the finger prints on the black iPhone, I really think I am going white.

Anyway, great service with the Apple guy, these retail store people are just fantastic.

12. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

I took a ride down to Southampton Apple store today and picked up a white one! Boo-yah!

I was told they're only able to sell to non-O2 customers. They had plenty of white ones.