Has anyone seen Airpods with iPhone 7 in the box??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kenfused, Oct 21, 2016.

1. kenfused macrumors newbie

My cousin received an iPhone 7 from Tmobile and she did not have any standard lighting EarPods. instead, in the exact same place she got a set of working Airpods with the charging box, etc. Exact fit into the box where the lighting headphones are supposed to be.

I'll try to get her to send me a photo of the box to see if it says anything different on the back.

has this happened to anyone else?

2. Relentless Power, Oct 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2016

Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Never heard of this. The Airpods are not even released yet. Guarantee your cousin is sadly mistaken. Pictures required.

3. Hansana macrumors regular

Lol

4. rainafterthesun macrumors 6502

rainafterthesun

I think if she investigated further she'd see the cords tucked inside...they package it so it looks wireless but it's not :(

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

There is no way Apple released the Airpods in an iPhone box, let alone early. With the charging box? The OP is clearly confused or Their cousin is trolling him. Either way, kind of embarrassing to start a thread on something that is completely false.

6. rainafterthesun macrumors 6502

rainafterthesun

No, what I meant is if one didn't know better at first glance the cord lightning EarPods look wireless..the way it's packaged. The old ones show the cord, the new ones are conveniently tucked into the card box (replacing the half clear half white plastic case) but it shows just the EarPods not the cord attached to it...does this make sense how someone at first glance without unboxing it could be mistaken?

Eta, I missed the charging box, that wouldn't even fit in the configuration of the iPhone box.

7. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I was agreeing with you from your first post. I was just commenting on how the OP is wrong. It's possible the OP/cousin is clearly confused. Apple did not package the Airpods in an iPhone box or release these as of yet. I would suggest the OP to check their source again and I question the validity of this thread.

8. nasa25 macrumors 65816

9. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Without images . . . .

and we know they will not be coming.

10. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

11. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

OP will probably never respond, come back and say his cousin was mistaken, or has great photoshop skills

12. npolly0212 macrumors 65816

The 3 options I assumed hahaha

13. MCube74 macrumors 6502a

If it did happen, it would have happened to many people already and it would be all over the internet.

Why would only one person receive an iPhone 7 with Airpods?

14. Hendo999 macrumors newbie

Hendo999

It could really happen, because there was leaked some photos of packing with wireless AirPods included. Maybe they are planning to ship iPhones with AirPods.

Attached Files:

15. MCube74 macrumors 6502a

If it does happen, I am sure many people who already bought the iPhone 7 Plus will be upset. Paying the same amount and getting a wired headset. If they were going to bundle AirPods later, they should inform customers that if you wait till Nov, you can get get the iPHone with AirPods for free.

16. noobinator macrumors 601

lol so you will ask for a photo of the box to see if it says anything different? Gee thanks because that photo exists already.

If this really happened I assume anyone with a brain would ask for photos of the air pods.

17. Hendo999 macrumors newbie

Hendo999

It's true. I think they will make a option with Airpods and then you have to pay more. So it will not be at same price.

18. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

But I bet it will be a cheaper price than buying for a store.

19. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

If it should one day happen that Apple ships iPhones with Airpods, I hope that they let buyers choose what type of headphones they have bundled. I would actually prefer wired ones.

20. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If they did this I would buy on principle despite the fact I skipped this gen.

21. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

22. garrym13 macrumors member

As it has been said, pics or it didn't happen.

23. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

I'm smelling BS here. I'm sure the OP was going to post that picture and Hendo999 blew him out of the water.