Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HXGuyAZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2014
In all the review videos I've seen, not one person has gone to the phone dialer. I'm really curios to see how it's laid out...really hoping it's not full screen like on the 5s as it would impossible to dial one handed and while I know you can double tap the home button to bring the top part of the screen down, it would make dialing pretty tedious.

hirtaza

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2014
Toronto

yeah i believe the verge or technobuffalo on youtube have a hands-on video and they accidentally open the phone button with a dialer on it...i will try looking for it and post it here

edit: i can't find it at the moment (I'm not home) but its the same as my iPhone 5 on iOS 7.1.2

Last edited:

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
yeah i believe the verge or technobuffalo on youtube have a hands-on video and they accidentally open the phone button with a dialer on it...i will try looking for it and post it here

edit: i can't find it at the moment (I'm not home) but its the same as my iPhone 5 on iOS 7.1.2

Here you go. ;)

eta: Nope, no dialer. Same with The Verge video.

HXGuyAZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2014
That would really suck if it's the same...so how do you reach the buttons one handed?
Especially if it's a number like 623-391-8809? Would it go like...

6..double tap home button...2 3 3...tap to bring full screen...8 8...double tap home screen to reach 0...tap again so the 9 shows back up? Seems...awkward.

uncreativedan

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
I really REALLY wish all these hands-on videos, at least some of them actually used the phones a little bit than repeat the same script of features you can read about online.

HXGuyAZ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 3, 2014
Holding out hope that it's somewhat similar to this in layout number buttons wise...

Screen_Shot_2014_09_11_at_9_04_07_PM.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.