Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
I like that better that the dancing shadow puppets.

Should be a bit of room to cut that down to a 30-second spot for MTV. ;)

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
i like it as well, but i doubt apple would use it, its not done in their "style" but i like it because its cute and fun, which the iPod Mini is all about

Sweetfeld28

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 10, 2003
Buckeye Country, O-H
i couldn't agree more. If i was Steve, i would pay this guy for the rights to play this ad, or at least pay him for it. To bad they can't play 60 second ads on tv, this would be a cool Super Bowl ad!

crazzyeddie

macrumors 68030
Dec 7, 2002
Florida, USA
Apple should indeed buy the rights to use this and make it a 30-second ad. I think it would be very effective toward all age groups, especially teenagers (who are already obsessed with the iPod).

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
i remember when the man who did this video posted the link here. He was asking for tips on how to make it better if i recall.....

although i cant find the post....

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I like it

I think it gives you a much better idea of the iPod then the dancing ones they do now. It moves quick, but not too quick.

DAVE2158

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2004
new york
I want my Mini Ipod

That was just to good it makes you want to shout and dance around the room. How many PC People have a reason to make a Video like that.....
Long live the IPOD.......
:D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
It think that it's a cool iPod Mini ad. Very creative, new, and different. Something like this would catch a lot of eyes just because it is different. When something remains the same it's normal not to pay as much attention.

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
"Tiny Machine" - it's great. But Apple won't like it because: 1. It shows the iPod open at one point; 2. It shows the iPod at all (Apple ads of late never give you a clear view of the product, if they do show it at all).

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
daveway00 said:
I think i'll work on a 30sec. version. I'm sure the author won't mind. I was thinking I could strip the audio out, edit it, then throw "Tiny Machine" back over it. What ya think?

If you have the time, then go ahead and edit away. I would enjoy seeing the product of your labor. Before you could use it anywhere, then your should check with the author. ;)

Sweetfeld28

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 10, 2003
Buckeye Country, O-H
i too, would be interested in what you could come up with. I am interested in what you would, or are going to cut from the ad film wise. I think it is pretty much perfect the way it is, but go a head and give it a shot.

But be for you go and show it off to everyone, i would get the authors approval or the rights to use his work just to cover your butt.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
I'm not going to show it off. I'm going to give it to him maybe or sumthing like that. It should only take me a few hours. I agree that it is great the way it is, it just could be soo much better if we put it on a diet to become a real ad.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
I was thinking... is there any way we can foward this thread to apple :confused: Why not make him a few bucks for his effort..can't hurt

rgx

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2004
San Diego
I think this is a great ad. This guy really knew what he was doing, maybe he should quit his day job. :p

Sweetfeld28

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 10, 2003
Buckeye Country, O-H
it would be a great idea to forward it to Steve Jobs. i can't remember what his email address is though, or if someone in here knows his email address i would send it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.