Has anyone seen this? -SL bug with minimized windows and expose

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Saturn1217, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Saturn1217 macrumors 6502a

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Sometimes (not always but easy enough to reproduce) when I minimize windows (especially MS Word) and then activate expose to see everything the minimized windows look like this. I've got a completely clean install (no migration assistant etc) of SL 10.6.2 on a 13inch MBP. It's not really a huge problem just curious if anyone else has experienced this? I'm hoping it might disappear in 10.6.3 but I'm sure that is a long shot:(

Attached Files:

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Curious I just launched Word, opened a Word doc and could not duplicate your issue. 10.6.2, MP SL fresh install with NO apps migrated or any older data (using new SSD until I find a laptop to put it into).

3. Saturn1217 thread starter macrumors 6502a

hmmm interesting... did you have lots of other windows open. I find it is most likely to happen if I have a bunch of other windows open and like I said it is intermittent. about 50% of the time it works okay 50% of the time it doesn't. Also I've seen the same problem with two separate installs of SL (different HDs but same computer). I hope it isn't a problem with my graphics card...

thanks for the input

4. Creative One macrumors 6502

Creative One

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I have 15 open and everything is there.

And 16.

And 17.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I purposely opened safari + 3 tabs, google chrome + 4 tabs, MS word, MS excel was open, Mail, iCal, iTunes, iPhoto, and disk manager.

Closed everything and left word and safari and still nada.

7. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

I think it's more likely a Word 2008 problem than an OSX problem because Office 08 doesn't like Spaces or Expose very much, as evidenced by the numerous threads that were abound when Office 2008 was released that complained of problems with Expose and Spaces. I've never had it happen before tho.

8. Saturn1217 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah I think it must be office 2008 specific because I just played around with it some more and I only get the problem with minimized word windows not other apps. oh well.

Still not sure why it seems to be isolated to some computers and not others though

9. chalmersman macrumors newbie

I just had it happen today too. I had only 2 Word docs open. I'm happy to hear that you've had the similar issue and that it sounds like an Office 2008 issue.

10. Q-chan macrumors member

I think it is an Office 2008 problem. Office 2008, and in particular Word, exhibits all kind of strange behavior, in particular that annoying "get window focus" misbehavior...