Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greenmymac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
Tulsa, Ok
I was messing around with the iPhone user guide http://help.apple.com/iphone/guide/desktop.html
and you if tap Troubleshooting > iPhone is to Warm
it says this
Picture1-2.png

has anyone seen that warning pop up on there phone or seen those signs? Since having an iPhone for over a year I have never seen it!

Aravintht

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2007
London, UK
if there is a sensor in the phone - why have none of the apps such as HWinfo etc not been able to pick up the internal temperature of the phone? i would be interested to know what mine is...

something similar to iStat pro on the mac would be cool!

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'm too lazy to track it down for you ;) but there was a thread a couple weeks ago or so about someones phone overheating (I think it was a 3G, but I could be wrong). I think the final thinking was that intense usage inside a poorly designed case caused it.

Nice to know it has such extensive heat precautions though.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
That's weird b/c I was golfing in Palm Springs, California last couple of weeks and it got to at least 119 degrees most of those days and the v1 iPhone and the new 3G iPhone never once displayed the screen above. Both iPhones are working flawlessly...:eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.