Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anthony T

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I had an iPhone 6, but when the 6s/6s Plus came out, I went for the bigger one. I don't have much of a problem with one handed use, but it is slightly uncomfortable. I love the batter life, and the larger screen is great for watching videos, though I don't do much of that.

I just feel like the phone is really heavy, especially with a case on it. I miss the light feathery feel of my 6.

Has anyone else switched back to the 4.7" from the 5.5"?

jasie02

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2014
I would wait until 7+ out, and handling in store or at least make a mockup when spec is out, before switch.

Increase thickness and weight for 3-D touch screen, stronger case, & other component add/improve from 6+ to 6s+, for me, unless you have a big hand, is just too much.

It will not surprised me 7+ is both lighter and thinner, maybe even slightly narrower. A slight width, thickness, & weight different could make a huge different in daily use J.us compare a 6s+ with and without a decent protection case.

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
Should also be worth noting the 6S+ is a heavier and slightly thicker phone than it's predecessor.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I had an iPhone 6, but when the 6s/6s Plus came out, I went for the bigger one. I don't have much of a problem with one handed use, but it is slightly uncomfortable. I love the batter life, and the larger screen is great for watching videos, though I don't do much of that.

I just feel like the phone is really heavy, especially with a case on it. I miss the light feathery feel of my 6.

The 6/6s is too small for me. I prefer the size of the 6+/6s+.

I also don't use cases so there is no additional weight added. That said, I will say that I prefer the way the 6+ felt in my hand versus the way the 6s+ feels in my hand. I can't explain that at all, it just "feels" different.

Reactions: eltoslightfoot

Skorpio

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2015
SC USA
I have both a 6 and 6s+, and I switch back every couple weeks or so. But, I find I pick the 6S+ to use at least 80% of time. For me, the much longer battery life, bigger screen, and quick/smoothness of it wins over smaller portability.

welsea

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
I have the 6s+ but wish there was a 5 inch phone...The 6s seems a tad too small for my liking. I'll probably downgrade to the 7 when it comes out though because it'll be less heavy and cumbersome.

Reactions: miamialley

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland

I'm using the 6S plus and have no interest in switching back. The screen quality on the 6S is what I dislike the most, if that had the same screen resolution as the plus I would likely consider it but I think the added battery life in the plus is far more beneficial to me than anything else. I used to be one who thought the 6 plus / 6S plus was way too big. Then I tried one and it wasn't bad at all. I can still use it one handed, while its not ideal for full time one handed use I can still send a message/email or make a phone call with one hand if needed.

Reactions: nj1266

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
I did...I kept the 6 for the year after testing both for a few weeks and then went back to the plus again when the 6s plus again
When I went to the 6s plus I bought a device like this one. People think I am somehow associated with the iRing...but I'm not. The iRing started to crack but I had ordered this one as a back up so I'm using it now. It has made all the difference with holding the comfortably.

http://www.spigen.com/products/iphone-6s-plus-ring?variant=6192948545

MistahMumford

macrumors 6502
Nov 12, 2011
SC
Didn't have the 6S Plus but did switch from 128GB 6 to 128GB 6 Plus and on tomorrow, from 128GB 6 Plus to 64GB 6S when my Swappa purchase arrives. I'm pretty friggin' excited. HA

NZfly

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2014
My 6s is getting replaced by Apple due to a battery problem, while I'm waiting for my new one I've been using my old 6 plus. I almost prefer this over the 6s, the resolution the battery life the screen it's all better. Only thing I miss is the speed of the 6s.

Applefan4

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2013
My 6s is getting replaced by Apple due to a battery problem, while I'm waiting for my new one I've been using my old 6 plus. I almost prefer this over the 6s, the resolution the battery life the screen it's all better. Only thing I miss is the speed of the 6s.

Why not the 6S+ ? It's best of two worlds ;)

Flow39

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2014
The Apple Store
I'm currently back and forth between a Nexus 6 and iPhone 6, and in the fall a 7+ is my only option if I upgrade. The 4.7" display is too tiny for me. Typing is cramped and there isn't a lot of room to get stuff done. The battery life of the Plus is its biggest selling point to me though. That is the main reason I'd choose it over a standard 7.

Reactions: freedomisle

AppleDroid

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
I'm curious how many carry the 6s+ in their front pocket, and if so, do you have to take it out every time you sit down? My current M8s height is borderline uncomfortable sitting in jeans, can't imagine the iPhone.

Reactions: miamialley

Gryfter

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm curious how many carry the 6s+ in their front pocket, and if so, do you have to take it out every time you sit down? My current M8s height is borderline uncomfortable sitting in jeans, can't imagine the iPhone.

Baggy jeans, my friend...LOL.

I usually carry my phone in my back pocket now and its always in my mind when I sit. On the occasions I need to be in pants for work, I'll carry it in my jacket pocket.

MagicHAM

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2013
Australia
I have just come down a size from iPhone 6 plus, i must add the iPhone 6s for me feels a lot more better in my hands, as much as i loved the big form factor the plus 6, I missed typing to messages with one hand. i couldn't do that with the six plus, or at least when i did i struggled.

Another bonus the 6s doesn't stick out of my pockets out of my suit pants or suit jacket, the 6s fits nicely.

I could never get in the the business shirt pocket - it just locked weird. :p

Reactions: MistahMumford

eltoslightfoot

macrumors 68020
Feb 25, 2011

I usually carry my phone in my back pocket now and its always in my mind when I sit. On the occasions I need to be in pants for work, I'll carry it in my jacket pocket.
I have dress slacks or normal non-skinny jeans and my 6 plus fits just fine in my front pocket.

AppleDroid

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2011
Illinois

Like from the 90's or modern ;)
With the rise of skinnier jeans my M8 is even feeling the squeeze.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Are you going to wait for the 7 if you choose to get a 4.7" iPhone?
I'm probably not going to wait until the 7. The rumored double lens is intriguing but I really do not want to deal with an even thinner phone with no audio jack. I'm going to see what the 5Se looks like, and if that doesn't meet my needs, I'll buy a 6s outright at that point. if the 7 blows me away, then I'll sell the 6s on swappa.

Gryfter

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I have dress slacks or normal non-skinny jeans and my 6 plus fits just fine in my front pocket.

Im 6'2" and 220-225lbs so my legs are somewhat thick, lol. Dress pants wouldnt look right if I get them as loose as my jeans.

Like from the 90's or modern ;)
With the rise of skinnier jeans my M8 is even feeling the squeeze.

Definitely not from the 90s, LOL. My jeans dont fall off/hang half way down my ass showing half my boxers. Loose fit would be the exact description and I go a size up around the waist and wear a belt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.