Has anyone taken the iPad workshops at the Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by applelvr, Mar 28, 2011.

1. applelvr macrumors member

I'm a new iPad user. My only other Apple product is an iPod (however I am switching from a Blackberry to an iPhone soon). I was wondering if anyone else here has taken the iPad workshops at the Apple stores. They have "Getting Started with iPad 2" and "Going Further with iPad 2". I've signed up for both. However, I'm not sure if I should go to the first one because I know a lot about my iPod touch (4th gen). The Apple store is not close to my house & the class is 1 1/2 hours, so I don't want to waste my time on the 1st class if it is only going to tell me the basics. And yes, I've asked the people at the store, but I want suggestions from real people that have taken the classes!

Any advice from other that have taken the workshops would be appreciated. :)

2. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

3. imutter macrumors 6502

imutter

my son and I just took an iphone 4 going further......
    LAME my kid told the App Rep how things work
    I thought they show us something new and get some tips for iMovie
    It all depends on what people take the course we had 2 ladies not even had an itunes account 1 lady with a 3gs and 1 guy wanted to find out about new cool apps ........Waste of time

4. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

It will be really surprised if anyone on these boards has taken a class like that. Then again, you will, so what do I know?

It's nice Apple does things like that. Really sets them apart.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

6. applelvr thread starter macrumors member

I went & it was a total waste of time. He taught us how to turn it on, work the volume button, buy apps, etc... I'm new to the iPad, but I've had an iPod touch (4th gen) since January, so I know how all of this works! However, everyone else in the class didn't have a clue, so I'm sure it was very helpful for them!

I had to help the instructor. He was teaching us how to set up a password & the woman next to me didn't have that option in her settings. He couldn't figure out why. I had to tell him it was because she was using one of the Apple store machines & that option was probably disabled. He thanked me afterwards for helping him!

7. patp Guest

The workshops are for the average Joe blow consumer who is really clueless about tech stuffs.

People who hang here should be way beyond whatever the workshops offer in knowledge.