Has anyone tested Power Reserve mode?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by douglasf13, Oct 5, 2015.

1. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has tried Power Reserve from a full charge, in order to see how long the watch lasts in time-only mode, as a "regular" watch. I can't seem to find any info on it. Thanks!

2. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

Looks like you'll have to be the guinea pig.... I don't think anybody would want to be without full functionality for what I assume would be a few days minimum.

3. douglasf13 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, that's what I was worried about. I don't want to be without mine, either. LOL

4. GoldenDust Suspended

GoldenDust

I may try that for one day and report back; however, I don't know yet. :eek:

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I could have sworn some guy on here ran his iPhone or was running his iPhone in power reserve mode all the time and we had this big debate over it.

6. douglasf13 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, I'm just wondering if, say we run it in
    Yeah, it would be interesting if it lasted a week or something, if in power reserve mode from the start, but I haven't had the chance to test it.

7. mlovergaard macrumors 6502

mlovergaard

I bet it would last quite long, especially if you look at how long it keeps the watch alive if you are running low

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

And the iPhone in Power Reserve is just a slower iPhone. However an :apple:Watch in Power Reserve is just a 'brick' with a cheep ½ a$$ digital watch attached.:eek:

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

That's what we were debating. That power reserve turns the phone into a slower version of the same phone.

Actuallly power reserve mode on the Apple watch turns it into a 70's digital watch. LOL

10. douglasf13 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah, that's why I'm curious. If I had a weeklong camping trip, for instance, I'm wondering if I could keep wearing the Watch the whole time in Power Reserve mode, rather than bringing another watch since I'd already be wearing the Apple Watch on the drive there. Not necessary, but it's fun to consider.

11. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

A lot of these issues can be solved with a portable battery park honestly. You can pick up a candy bar type for $15.00
    it will charge your device 2 times before it dies. 2-3 of those or a large capacity pack would last you the entire trip.

[​IMG]
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...bar battery&qid=1444149950&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

12. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Here is a better idea for camping and a week without power to charge your :apple:Watch. You can have alarms, timers, seconds, date, stopwatch, 10 years without needing Power Reserve .... and no risks.
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Casio-Men-s-Multi-Function-Alarm-Sports-Watch/15913685

13. Connor163 macrumors member

I was at a 4 day camp without my phone so I decided to put the watch into power reserve mode. I started at 86% and when I turned the watch back on it had 75%
    I would say it could last two weeks between a charge

14. starbot macrumors regular

I actually have run power reserve on numerous occasions-- usually if I go away for a weekend, forget my puck, and it's my only watch. I've seen it last 2 full days, starting power reserve at around 30%. Pretty impressed and actually dig the PR watch face!

15. douglasf13 thread starter macrumors 65816

I already own a G-shock that's powered by solar, but that isn't the point. Say I forget to bring it, or loose it, etc., and I only have my Watch with me. I'm just curious about how long the Power Reserve does last.

16. douglasf13 thread starter macrumors 65816

Nice, that gives me a good idea as to the battery life. Thanks.