Has anyone tested the Griffin Autopilot with the iPhone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by spaceballl, Jul 13, 2008.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I know there are random threads where this device is mentioned, but I want to have a single thread where some kind-souled person who owns this device can say... Yes - I have this device and it does / does not work with the iphone 3g. All of us belkin car charger people need to know! as this device has an aux-out as well!

2. whyrichard macrumors 68000

3. juanaday macrumors newbie

Ditto...The "not supported" error from my Belkin charger nearly killed my new iPhone 3G-owner buzz once I got in the car :mad:

4. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

a guy in another thread said he got his griffin autopilot and it works - i ordered one on ebay last night - i'll test it as soon as I get it.

5. sjslamg macrumors newbie

I am interested in this as well, because I definitely need a combined charger/aux-out solution for my iPhone 3G.

6. heskech macrumors newbie

The Griffin Autopilot works well for me. It charges my iPhone 3G and the sound quality is fine. I haven't noticed any interference coming from the iPhone 3G's radio.

7. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

The AutoPilot works perfectly in my Acura TSX. You still get the nag screen asking if you want to use airplane mode, but aside from that it charges and sounds wonderful (in phone mode - NOT in airplane mode). I've heard some cars are more susceptible to interference than others. I can't confirm this, but I know there is NONE in my car. Highly recommended.

8. studentslacker macrumors newbie

just bought the autopilot this weekend for my iPhone 3G and it works great. I drive a Mazda3 and I don't hear much buzzing at all. I used the aux cables it came with and I have no complaints.

It still says its not compatible and if I wanna switch to airplane mode, but just click no and it will play and charge with no problem.

9. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I got my Griffin Autopilot today and it's working without issue. Gives the airplane mode message, but charges my iPhone 3G without any problems and the AUX works great, maybe even better than the belkin it's replacing.

10. ieko macrumors member

I have an '02 TL and tried out the AutoPilot in LA. What I found was that stations I had used with previous transmitters were too strong for the AutoPilot, so in a crowded media market like LA and I imagine places like Chicago and NY will render this product useless.

If anyone has any alternatives I'd love to know, the best transmitter I found so far was the Monster iCarPlay Wireless Plus, but it does not charge :(

11. pj rage macrumors 6502

What is the "airplane mode" message? Does it force you into airplane mode?

12. hawkryger macrumors newbie

I have the autopilot and it works great with my 16gig 3G. No airplane message, no hassles and good reception. Personally I think they're priced wayyy to high, but it works great for me, so I don't mind so much. Hope that helps.

13. pj rage macrumors 6502

Just picked mine up too. Bought it at best buy but they matched walmarts online price of $34.88. Not too bad. Still pricey for what it is, but much better than the $52.99 best buy wants :eek:

Works great though. I DO get the airplane message but that's no big deal to me, just click no and it works great.

14. ozblogger macrumors newbie

found this thread after googling
    got my autopilot last week .. works as expected
    any body that owns the auto pilot, what do you use as mount options
    Im looking for a dash mount for iPhone 3g . any recommendations ?

15. jpmor1 macrumors newbie

I bought this yesterday and seemed to have no problems with it. But now my iPod won't open up when the thing's not connected to my iPhone. Anybody have any ideas as to why that could be??