Has anyone tried Earthdesk App on a 2011 Macbook air?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by CardboardGiant, Sep 7, 2011.

1. CardboardGiant macrumors regular

The reason I ask is because somebody in the reviews complained that it doesn't work on Lion but didn't specify which apple product he is using.

So I'm wondering if anyone here has successfully installed Earthdesk on a Macbook Air?

In case you don't know what Earthdesk is, it's a real-time moving background of a World Map as your desktop background, which shows you which part of the world is night time or day time, and how many lights are turned on in which cities.

2. strwrsfrk macrumors regular

Works Great

2011 13" i5 256 MBA. Just installed EarthDesk from my MacUpdate bundle (which it sounds like you might be getting as well). Seems to work fine. Install seemed to hang for about 20 seconds, but after that, no problems.

3. CardboardGiant, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011

CardboardGiant thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I did hear about that MacUpdate bundle from my RSS feed :D

Then I will go ahead and purchase it.

Thanks!

*edit*

Just installed the app... I didn't get any lag or freeze when I started EarthDesk. Runs perfectly and my MBA doesn't get warm at all in case anyone else is wondering.

Very cool app like Hyperdock.

4. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

I used to do all kinds of things with geek bench.

But then realised it was not useful and only used up battery and clock cycles I would rather be available for more useful purposes.

5. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I hadn't heard of this app, but it seems pretty cool. So thanks for the heads-up. Assuming it doesn't have a big effect on battery life.

6. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

Thanks for the info on this! I just purchased the bundle. At least three of those apps look really great for my needs. And Earthdesk just looks cool!

7. CardboardGiant thread starter macrumors regular

It's SUPER COOL!

I'm currently in university, so my MBA 13'' is running on battery.

I have Earthdesk, Chrome, Thunderbird open and my battery has 7.03 hours left.

So EarthDesk doesn't eat up much battery at all.

GET THE BUNDLE TODAY!!!