Has anyone tried Google Music?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by whynotgotovegas, May 19, 2012.

1. whynotgotovegas macrumors member

Because I have a 32gb iPhone, I usually listen to all of my music on there. Especially in programming class at school, however, the teacher has lately been getting irritated with the amount of teachers complaining that she allows phones in her classroom, so she asked us that if we have other ways of listening to music to use those. Well, I'm not going to bring my iPod and iPhone to school, along with big beats by dre headphones all at the same time. So I was looking at an alternative, and found Google Music which was just released not too long ago.

So I uploaded all of my music and away I went, listening to all my music right online. Has anyone else tried this? I find it really useful, because now I just plug my headphones into the computer and always have my music with me. Also, because my iPad is only 16gb, I can listen to my music if I just want to sit on the couch and browse the web.

If you haven't tried it, I really recommend you do so! :)

Btw this is in the iPad section of the forum because I'm trying to show people with iPads that don't keep their music on there that they can now keep it online...just so no one gets angry.

2. MusicEnthusiast macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

Using it here! I discovered it about 4 months ago and uploaded all my music on it. It's great since my phone only has 16 GB of internal memory and I can easily download my uploaded songs if I want them without having to use up the data plan. I should use it more though, only because I got a hand-me-down 80 GB iPod Classic that I take to the gym. It's dropped from the ellipticals a few times so it's my beat-up music box haha No iPad here though, I'm considering it if I give up my notebook.

3. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

Do you stream your music through safari? Or an app?

4. raychelabcdefg macrumors newbie

There's an app in the store which I vaguely remember using a while ago. I've never tried streaming through the browser. I'll have to try that out.

5. roxxette macrumors 68000

roxxette

Theres a couple of apps that do the trick , none are "official" :) the one i used was *gMusic*

6. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Works great for me.

Just another great service from Google.

I use it a lot.

7. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

I use google music a lot....a lot more intuitive than itunes match.....seems to work better.....wish it wasnt so, but sometimes apple can learn a bit from google....

8. Errk! macrumors 6502

gMusic is fantastic. I bought it when it first came out and it was ok but buggy - the developer does a great job listening to users, fixing bugs and adding features. Very highly recommended.

I've found that listening throuh Safari is basically impossible. If you turn off your device while listening it stops progressing through your album or playlist. gMusic doesn't have this problem.

9. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

10. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

darn the fact that it is another service that can't be used outside of the united states... i was getting excited :(

11. Defender2010, May 20, 2012
    Last edited: May 20, 2012

Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

It's easy to trick google music into thinking you are in the US. It only takes once, then once it is activated it does not matter where you are located. Try VPN Express app from the app store (free), choose USA, log onto google.music.com in safari and activate. Then remove the app and hey presto it's done! You can then use it to your hearts content!

12. maril1111, May 20, 2012
    Last edited: May 20, 2012

maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111

thank you very much, although oneclickvpn is the one that i could find. :D

So far biggest drawback:

lack of support of aiff and lossless, well hopefully that will be fixed in the future.

13. atr-drivr macrumors member

No server....

14. maril1111 macrumors 68000

maril1111