Has anyone tried iWood for iPhone yet?

iPhoneGuy2007

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2007
I bit...

Okay, I'll fess up ... I bit on this one. I've been eyeing their cases since I saw the iWood for the nano (first gen), but have been able to restrain myself until now.

The irony, of course, is that after having gone through five cases in the first few weeks after iDay, I'm now fully embracing (and appreciating) the iphone's nakedness. So, undoubtedly, this case will sit in a drawer along with the others ... I'll post an update as soon as I receive my case.

megfilmworks

macrumors 68020
Jul 1, 2007
Sherman Oaks
Wow, those cases are beautiful., I like my phone naked, so I wonder if anyone has felt one on their iPhone. Is it thin and delicate like my naked iPhone or does it feel like a nice salad bowl?

speedballs

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2004
SLC Utah
Wow, those cases are beautiful., I like my phone naked, so I wonder if anyone has felt one on their iPhone. Is it thin and delicate like my naked iPhone or does it feel like a nice salad bowl?
wow those are nice. very nice. someone let us know how much weight and bulk they add.

carman63

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
It certainly is. Whether it's a good or bad 'different' is in the eye of the beholder ;) I like it, but I'd love to see one in person before I purchased.

carman63

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
I'll most likely order one in the near future. I'd love to see one in person before I buy, but I doubt that will happen.

carman63

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Okay, I'll fess up ... I bit on this one. I've been eyeing their cases since I saw the iWood for the nano (first gen), but have been able to restrain myself until now.

The irony, of course, is that after having gone through five cases in the first few weeks after iDay, I'm now fully embracing (and appreciating) the iphone's nakedness. So, undoubtedly, this case will sit in a drawer along with the others ... I'll post an update as soon as I receive my case.
What type of wood, and what options if any?

Edit: What options and type of wood did YOU buy?

carman63

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Looking at the company's website will probably answer all of your questions.
I was specifically asking what options iPhoneGuy ordered :) I'm very aware of what the site has, and am awaiting some possibly exotic woods to be offered before I jump.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Thankfully, I don't have to pay for wood, yet. :p

The cases do look nice though but too expensive.

bostonte

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
So, who's gonna bite the bullet and grab one for real world photos and review -- for the good of the community of course, should your significant other gasp at the price.

I can't decide how I feel about it -- it seems like a case that will either be really good or really bad. And I can't find any measurements or weights on the site.

I'm afraid of how much bulk that would add (since even a thin leather slip seems to double the perceived size of the phone), but it does look rather neat.

Does anyone have the ipod case that could shed some light on how thick they are carving the wood (assuming its similar)?