Has anyone tried "Killing Floor" or "Left 4 Dead 2"on MBA?

Sid-R

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2010

ajones46

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
Monroe, Michigan
I have, which model do you own? On my MBA, Killing Floor ran smooth-ish. A couple graphic intensive maps really overloaded it, with rain/fire or whenever firebugs or spam demos, my framerates dropped pretty significantly. Don't expect to play it at normal settings, all my graphics settings were around medium to low and I had to lessen the resolution. You'll have to play around with the settings to see where you'll be comfortable playing at.

I had a 13" i5 @ 1.7GHz and 4GB Ram (sig is old and needs updating)

asting

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
I have, which model do you own? On my MBA, Killing Floor ran smooth-ish. A couple graphic intensive maps really overloaded it, with rain/fire or whenever firebugs or spam demos, my framerates dropped pretty significantly. Don't expect to play it at normal settings, all my graphics settings were around medium to low and I had to lessen the resolution. You'll have to play around with the settings to see where you'll be comfortable playing at.

So the 2011 model?
The 2012 will likely do much better with the hd4000.

Dizzay

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2011
San Diego
also have a 2011 13 air

- Killing floor runs at max res no lag, high graphics settings too.
- L4D2 and TF2 run at max res with slightly lower graphics options also no lag

Sid-R

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2010

I have a 2012 MBA i7/8 .. so I might see slightly better performance. tried L4D2 today and it worked fine on default settings