Has anyone tried Mail Pilot yet?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brayhite, Oct 7, 2012.

1. brayhite macrumors 6502a

I haven't seen any mention of it, and I'm hoping someone has forked up the $60 cost for the beta mail app and tried it out. I've only seen one review, but it talked more about what buttons did what and how they set it up instead of what they thought actually using it and working it into their daily workflow.

Has anyone here tried it out?

In case you don't know what I'm talking about: http://www.mailpilot.co/

2. CatsTide macrumors 6502

Looks cool but 60 bucks is steep to me for something like this...and it's only for a year. I hate annual licenses on my phone.

3. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

Agreed. $60 for the beta, first year (whenever they get out of beta), and then $99 after that.

I personally don't want to make a $60, one-year commitment to a mail service, especially considering how many options out there AREN'T subscription based.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

It's not even native at the moment. You're just paying to use a glorified web client.

There are no reviews either. David Pogue didn't even review their service, nor are any of the quotes specifically about it. They are just "quotes".

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/t...kstarter-state-of-the-art.html?pagewanted=all

5. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

7. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

So let me get this straight... They want $60 or $99 A YEAR! for a mail / to-do list hybrid client? not even a mail service but a client? Thats absurd.

8. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh, yeah, I agree, but they do have screenshots and some points on its functionality and set-up process. Otherwise, yeah, total SEO and ad-click driven site.

Their quoted reasoning is to avoid being bought out (right.. cause they'll turn down a check from Google/Apple/Microsoft/etc. due to a projected revenue stream) and that they run everything on their cloud servers for integration across all platforms.

I agree, very much absurd. Especially paying $60 just to get started.