Has anyone tried Nike + on i4 yet? Do the cases fit?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ars Diaboli, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Ars Diaboli macrumors member

Has anyone tried the nike + on the iPhone 4 yet? How does it work with the multitasking?

Do you have an armband? Does the iPhone 4 fit the armband? Are there any new armbands/cases out there yet that fit with the Nike + module?

Any good information is appreciated.

2. SHIFTLife macrumors 6502

My understanding is you don't need the Nike+ module with the iPhone 4, just as with the 3GS (if by module you mean the receiver that plugs into the dock connector). No special case required.

3. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Does that new heart rate chest strap work with it?

4. Ars Diaboli thread starter macrumors member

That is indeed the case. You do not have to have the receiver. It has been built into the iphone since the 3GS. However, what I meant was, do the armbands fit the iPhone 4. It has a new shape and all, and I wanted to know if they fit the i4. I haven't seen any i4 armbands yet.

I also wanted to know how the multitasking was working with the Nike +. It seems problematic to be multitasking when you have to have a foot module present to work.

Wondering what happens when it can't detect module, etc. etc.

5. KingHuds macrumors 6502

Its not like armbands are really custom formed to the shape.. I know mine is just a plastic slip, so the new phone fits fine.

6. Hovey macrumors regular

Mine seems to fit my old armband fine. I think Belkin and Marware have armbands labeled for iPhone 4.

7. SHIFTLife macrumors 6502

Ah, I see now. I misunderstood. Mine fits in the armband i used for my 3GS without any problem. It doesn't bounce around much, but it's a neoprene armband, so it kind of hugs the phone tightly anyhow. I don't have it with me, otherwise I'd let you know what brand it is.

As for the multitasking, I can't offer any insight there, as I have yet to replace the Nike+ sensor I lost a month or two ago :)

8. Ars Diaboli thread starter macrumors member

I would appreciate it Shift, if you did let me know what kind of armband you have. I think Nike makes one, and from what I've read from other posters, the i4 seems to work fine in them.

Now just need someone to go for a run with their new i4 and give me an opinion on how they like it on the new phone. Especially with the multi-tasking.

9. hardhead89 macrumors member

I'm guessing its going to be hard to find a case that fits my phone and bumper? I really don't want to have to take off the bumper every time I go for a run because it peels the invisibleShield a bit.