Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trebuin

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2008
Central Cali
Lol I did order from Amazon :p

I ran into a problem a long time ago with a company selling on amazon. When they didn't respond, amazon took ownership and reimbursed me (and probably docked the seller). They have been really good to me over the years.

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
I ran into a problem a long time ago with a company selling on amazon. When they didn't respond, amazon took ownership and reimbursed me (and probably docked the seller). They have been really good to me over the years.

Yeah Amazon rock, they're customer service is next-to-none they'll let you return anything even years after purchasing it (as long as the order is sold/fulfilled by them).

paulmacbeth

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
Has anyone received one of these and tried them on? There's no actual reviews on Amazon of them.

kpewpew

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2013
Yea I am curious about this brand. Saw their youtube video, and their own post said in response to a question:

"deans6571 Hi, as the iPhone 6 has a curved front, we have modified the fitting three times, for each modification we have made the screen protector closer to the edge. If you like we can send you some hi-res images of the screen protector to see the fitting, simply drop us an email through our contact form. Also, all of our glass screen protectors have rounded edges this helps to provide a smooth transition from the screen protector to the edges of the device.

I hope that answers your question, please let me know if you would like to know more about the screen protector."

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Well I have an Orzly tempered glass on my OnePlus One and its a nice protector. I have had it in for months and it's still perfect without a scratch on it and the adhesive is great. Sometimes I forget I even have one on. Shipping did take a little long with the product so I may go ahead and give this a try.

wesbar

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2009
got mine yesterday. It overhangs the curves a tiny amount (about 1mm all around). I'd rather that than it stop short of the visible display like some others though. works well with the apple leather case as you can't feel the edges.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
got mine yesterday. It overhangs the curves a tiny amount (about 1mm all around). I'd rather that than it stop short of the visible display like some others though. works well with the apple leather case as you can't feel the edges.

Pics please if it's not too much trouble

igottafindbubba

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014

How long did it take for you to receive it from the point of shipping? Do you happen to have any pictures? Mine shipped on Oct 7 and I was trying to get an estimated wait time.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010

When you say overhang, does that mean dust and other stuff can get stuck in there?

Paulshaqz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2009
i was sappost to buy it but amazon but the shipping was to to long i'll probably still pick them up soon.

wesbar

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2009
Here you go. pics as requested. taken with my iPad, so not the best but you should get the idea. Not had an issue with anything getting behind the 'gap'. Bought mine from amazon uk from gadgethub I think. great customer service. They sent me a flip case in error at first but told me to keep it. Overall I'm happy with the screen protector and it will be staying on.

Attachments

• 2014-10-13 17.29.01.jpg
    2014-10-13 17.29.01.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 391
  • 2014-10-13 17.28.15.jpg
    2014-10-13 17.28.15.jpg
    1,020.8 KB · Views: 321

igottafindbubba

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
Here you go. pics as requested. taken with my iPad, so not the best but you should get the idea. Not had an issue with anything getting behind the 'gap'. Bought mine from amazon uk from gadgethub I think. great customer service. They sent me a flip case in error at first but told me to keep it. Overall I'm happy with the screen protector and it will be staying on.

Thanks for the photos! Not sure if its the angle the pics were taken or not but it seems that there is edge lift all around the glass itself. Is there any edge lift?

wesbar

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2009
Thanks for the photos! Not sure if its the angle the pics were taken or not but it seems that there is edge lift all around the glass itself. Is there any edge lift?

Yes, it does overhang the curved edge all the way around by approx 1mm. I think it's either that or it would have to stop short of covering the visible screen width ways which is worse in my opinion.

Paulshaqz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2009
Yes, it does overhang the curved edge all the way around by approx 1mm. I think it's either that or it would have to stop short of covering the visible screen width ways which is worse in my opinion.

don't look that bad in my opinion would you recommend it or find a better glass screen protector? i just bought the icarez glass protectors and just got them today and am gonna install it later on

wesbar

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2009
don't look that bad in my opinion would you recommend it or find a better glass screen protector? i just bought the icarez glass protectors and just got them today and am gonna install it later on

I'd recommend them. I've tried a couple of other ones. some unbranded PET film type one and the best skins ever front shield. This beats both of those up till now. The feel of the glass actually feels better than the naked screen to me. My finger glides easier on this. Clarity is also very good. The only worry is whether crud can get stuck in that overhang. I don't think it will as i cant even get a piece of paper in the gap but we'll see.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
Yea I am curious about this brand. Saw their youtube video, and their own post said in response to a question:

"deans6571 Hi, as the iPhone 6 has a curved front, we have modified the fitting three times, for each modification we have made the screen protector closer to the edge. If you like we can send you some hi-res images of the screen protector to see the fitting, simply drop us an email through our contact form. Also, all of our glass screen protectors have rounded edges this helps to provide a smooth transition from the screen protector to the edges of the device.

I hope that answers your question, please let me know if you would like to know more about the screen protector."

...that comment you've pasted above was by myself to Orzly (I am deans6571 on YouTube!!)

Additionally, I sent them an email and this was their response:

Me : Hi.

Quick question regarding your tempered glass protectors for the iphone6. Do these cover the WHOLE of the glass of the iPhone 6 ? The reason I ask is because, so far, all other protectors I have found (both glass and normal flimsy ones) do not actually cover the whole of the front of the phone due the iPhone 6 having a curved display.

Most protectors I have seen so far actually stop short of the edge of the phone (so look a little bit odd) - are yours the same?

Orzly: Hi Dino,

Unfortunately this is how our screen protectors function too. We are working very hard to ensure our screen protectors sit as tight to the curve as possible before being released, the best thing to do is perhaps wait for our video on the product. If you subscribe to our youtube channel you can be informed as soon as the video is online, on the video we will give a thorough look at the fitting amongst other things.

Sorry I do not have a more definite answer for this.

Darthsat

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2010
Wesbar, thanks for the pics.

Can you post a few pictures with the screen turned on so that we can see how much wider the protector is than the display? Can you also take a photo of the bottom of the phone so that we can see how thick the protector is?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.