Has anyone tried out WeatherIcon?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Tokiopop, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Just looked in cydia, and ModMyi have given us WeatherIcon! It's supposed to change your Weather App icon to the live weather, so I'm going to download and install it in a few minutes, to see what it's like :)

2. Acronym macrumors 68000

i like this version better :D

[​IMG]

3. Tokiopop thread starter macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Just to say, I've donwloaded it and I'm using it now. It's great! :D This is what the app should have been like to begin with :)

What's the name of those widgets at the side? Are they available in Cydia? I don't usually use any Windows themes, but those at the side are quite nice :D

4. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

I don't like it, you can still see the 73 underneath the current temperature
    (22) And it's snowing and there is 100% cloudcover where I am and it still shows the sun.:rolleyes:

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

So this tweak requires that you SSH and modify the file?

6. Tokiopop thread starter macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

No SSHing at all :)

Have you got 1.5.3? And you need to check both Weather Icon and Weather Icon Background in WinterBoard, or you see an image underneath.

7. Ashyukun macrumors 6502

Like the moving clock mod, you have to go in and enable the two themes that this installs in WinterBoard...

I'm loving this myself- I wholly agree that this is what the app should have been from the get-go.

8. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

You're doing something wrong. Did you activate the theme in Winterboard?

9. Acronym macrumors 68000

download Doreens windows Vista Bliss weather mod i custom made the sms and clock the ones provided look like regular white clocks i like the neon one

also the dock was made by me so that i could have a 5 dock with her theme

and i uploaded all the custom side bar apps that i have made so far you can rename them to your needs

Attached Files:

10. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

i like it, but when not using the square background it moves the temp to the bottom of the sun. since the sun is yellow and the text is white it's nearly impossible to read it.
    why isn't the temp below the sun like when you're using the background?

11. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

12. reubs macrumors 68000

I've got Winterboard installed, and I've got Weathericon installed, but I can't seem to see WeatherIcon in Winterboard. Will this only work if the theme has LiveWeather activated? I noticed some problems earlier tonight when I checked my touch, and I saw that weather was still showing with a sun!

Thanks for any info!

13. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

My Weather Icon seems to be running rather well. Accurate and without issue at this time. I'm wondering if it is set for the 1st weather pane in the weather panes? I tried moving around the different panes with regards to order and when I switched Kauai, HI with San Francisco, you could see the definite switch in temperature, Kauai = 69ºF and SF = 48ºF... :eek:

14. Tokiopop thread starter macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Yeah, I think it is set to tell the current weather on the first panel in your Weather app.