Has anyone tried Photo Shop Elements 10?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by absolut_mac, Sep 28, 2011.

1. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

It seems like only a short while ago that I upgraded from Elements 8 to version 9.

Has any one here upgraded from 9 to 10? Or at least tried out the trial version in order to see what's new and improved? If so, are there enough worthwhile improvements to invest in the upgrade?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I purchased Photoshop Elements 10 last week via digital download. I am hard-pressed to see any substantive differences.

3. absolut_mac thread starter macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Thanks for the update and for saving me some money :)

Unless you uncover any hidden golden nuggets further down the line, I'll probably hold off on this version.

4. Keleko macrumors 68000

I looked at what Adobe says is new, and it didn't seem that anything I cared about changed. I'm sticking with Elements 9 for now as well. I'm hoping one day to be able to afford jumping up to CS5 instead.

5. hpucker99 macrumors newbie

PS CS5 upgrade

I saw the upgrade to PSE10 offer and didn't see any pressing need to switch from PSE9.

Last month, I got an offer for CS5 from Adobe for about $300 and bought it. I have just started using it, but I find the HDR and panorama modules to be far superior than what was in PSE9. There were panoramas that would crash PSE9, under CS5 these get made without any problems. PSE is supposed to be a dumbed down version of PS or based on the previous version, but still seems like a work in progress.

If I had an early version of PSE, I might consider buying PSE9 if it was at a reduced cost.

6. mousemd macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

How did u get CS5 for so cheap?!? Do tell... I'd buy it for that price any day

7. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

If you're a student, Photoshop CS5.5 Extended is only $192. Production Premium is about $400

8. weckart macrumors 68040

I got an email from Amazon offering a £305 discount on Photoshop CS5 last month probably because I got two copies of PSE9 for £22 in their Xmas lightning sale. I didn't take it because Adobe gouges in the UK much worse than Apple or Microsoft.