Has anyone tried running Fallout 3 on their iMac? Will it run on mine?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mattcube64, Nov 3, 2008.

1. mattcube64 macrumors 65816

mattcube64

Specs in sig.

I know the 2600 can run the game, as F3's website says it's a supported card. However, I have a feeling my 1920x1200 res will KILL the game.

Is there a chance I can run it with med-high settings at native res, AA OFF, and still get a good 25+ FPS?

Thanks!

2. ViperrepiV macrumors regular

I would imagine that you would be able to get 30 FPS at medim-high and a lower resolution (maybe just medium). I think anything at the native will be too choppy, unless you go low settings.

is there a demo you can try and report back with?

3. m1stake macrumors 68000

No demo. It runs fine on my build (See sig), but obviously it's a step or two above the iMac. The graphics aren't great, I wouldn't worry about it. You probably won't be running it at native resolution, but give it a shot.

Just remember, to change video settings, it's in the launcher options window, NOT the game.

Been playing it a lot since it came out.

4. ChesterP macrumors newbie

I run it fine on medium settings no AA @ 1024x768 just fine at about 20-35 fps

5. m1stake macrumors 68000

Are you using fraps or guessing? If the latter is true, fire up fraps and see how it's doing to give everyone a concrete idea of how it performs.

6. aki macrumors 6502a

so just so i know people usually want to go higher resolution if have to choose between it and antialias or other things? ... i run f3 on 3.06 imac with default/automatic settings and runs no problem but havent changed settings... yet

7. ChesterP macrumors newbie

Yeah sure, ill do some screens tonight :)