Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mattcube64

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 21, 2006
Missouri
Specs in sig.

I know the 2600 can run the game, as F3's website says it's a supported card. However, I have a feeling my 1920x1200 res will KILL the game.

Is there a chance I can run it with med-high settings at native res, AA OFF, and still get a good 25+ FPS?

Thanks!

ViperrepiV

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
Specs in sig.

I know the 2600 can run the game, as F3's website says it's a supported card. However, I have a feeling my 1920x1200 res will KILL the game.

Is there a chance I can run it with med-high settings at native res, AA OFF, and still get a good 25+ FPS?

Thanks!

I would imagine that you would be able to get 30 FPS at medim-high and a lower resolution (maybe just medium). I think anything at the native will be too choppy, unless you go low settings.

is there a demo you can try and report back with?

m1stake

macrumors 68000
Jan 17, 2008
Philly
No demo. It runs fine on my build (See sig), but obviously it's a step or two above the iMac. The graphics aren't great, I wouldn't worry about it. You probably won't be running it at native resolution, but give it a shot.

Just remember, to change video settings, it's in the launcher options window, NOT the game.

Been playing it a lot since it came out.

m1stake

macrumors 68000
Jan 17, 2008
Philly
Are you using fraps or guessing? If the latter is true, fire up fraps and see how it's doing to give everyone a concrete idea of how it performs.

aki

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2004
Japan
so just so i know people usually want to go higher resolution if have to choose between it and antialias or other things? ... i run f3 on 3.06 imac with default/automatic settings and runs no problem but havent changed settings... yet

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.