Has anyone tried the Hand-E- Holder?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by snerkler, May 5, 2012.

1. snerkler macrumors 6502a

I've stumbled across this it looks like it could be just what I'm after. However what I would like to know is how secure it is, how long it remains secure (ie after installing it and removing it numerous times does it become less secure), and does the disc leave a sticky residue when it's removed?

Cheers.

http://www.handeholder.com/m5/10000--hand-e-holder.html

2. LoJay macrumors newbie

Hand-e-holder answers

Full disclosure, I work for Handeholder Products who make this device. I can answer your questions. The holder can be attached and removed from the attachment ring many times (1000's) without losing its secure fit. This is by design. The attachment ring is made out of interlocking mushroom heads, not a hook and loop which does wear out after many on/offs. The attachment ring has more than 100 lbs. of holding strength, so it won't disengage on its own. To remove it you have to peel from the bottom plate to disengage (6 lbs. of force for this.) Think of it like a zipper.

If you decide to remove the attachment ring permanently, you can do so. You just can't use the holder anymore unless you purchase a new ring. If there is any residue when you remove the attachment ring, you can clean it with an alcohol rub. We take them on and off all the time to keep them looking great for demos. If you'd like to learn more, check out our YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/handeholder. Hope that helps.

3. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the reply. I take it you've never had an issue using an alcohol rub on the iPad, ie damaging the surface?

4. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

To me it seems like a solution looking for a problem.

5. PrayForDeath macrumors 6502

I havent used this product, but I have cleaned my iPad many times using alcohol and have not seen any visible damage to its surface.

6. snerkler thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks, good to know.