Has anyone tried this with their Mighty Mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by andriella, Apr 23, 2007.

1. andriella macrumors member

2. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

This actually sounds really dumb. You risk getting everything wet, and you will have to wait a couple of days to see how it didn't work. Ethanol is a really poor solvent. Just get a lint-free cloth, wet it a bit, and rub the mouse over it for a minute or two (holding it upside down).

3. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Another thumbs down from me...Ethanol is just going to dry out the natural oils in the rubber and attract more skin oils and dirt...

I use the lint-free cloth method as well. Although in the comments one guy mentions using a toothbrush...I might give that a try if the lint-free method ever fails me. Not going near the ethanol though.

4. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

I use a combination of dry toothbrush then upside down on lint free cloth then the same on thick white paper on a flat surface,works well.

5. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

It seems like Acetone would be better off. It dries instantly and supposedly cleans.

Plus getting 190 proof Ethanol or Everclear (190 proof Alcohol) is illegal in a lot of states cause its the stuff that they make crunk juice from (ohhhhh....).

So I think this is a slihgtly shortsighted and risky endeavor. Im sure as hell not doing it.

6. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

I'd rather drink it and risk breaking my mouse trying to clean it
    than be sober and short my mouse out with it. :)

7. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

This is stupid. Everyone knows mouses (mice?) have low alcohol tolerance levels:D