Has Anyone Tried "Twelve South MagicWand" With Apple Wireless Keyboard?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by beeinformed, Jan 29, 2013.

1. beeinformed macrumors 6502

2. luffytubby macrumors 6502a

luffytubby

its great. lots of people love this. many laptop folks have gotten used to the trackpad and prefers it over the mouse!

TwelveSouth also makes other great products like their BookBook for Iphone!

3. mlamb64150 macrumors member

It's good but doesn't look as pretty as the Henge Dock system, I haven't tried the latter but would be tempted to give that a try.

[​IMG]

4. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I use the 12 south on each of my computers/desks. I personally like it. Some complaints are that it interferes with the "click" of the trackpad... especially on the side closes to the keyboard. I always us "tap to click"... so I never use the mechanical click anyway... so that is not an issue for me.

/Jim

5. PatriotInvasion macrumors 65816

PatriotInvasion

My friend has the MagicWand with his Mac Mini hooked up to a big screen TV. It's great to be able to pass around the keyboard and Magic Trackpad in one piece to friends in the room who want to show a video or something.

I wish Apple would make a combined unit with one battery compartment. Anyway, yea I would get it . It's not too expensive.

6. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

I have one. I actually choose not to install the piece that goes between the keyboard and the trackpad (between them). By not having it installed (and just using the "wand" part that they slide into, you can still retain full click functionality. With that said, if you don't install the part that goes between them, it makes it less usable from an HTPC standpiont as they don't have any rigity. In my case I bought it for use on my desk, just to keep the keyboard and the trackpad together (looks nicer).

7. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

I have it and was disappointed that it was plastic. it looks like aluminum in the photos. It does the job I guess but I would rather have one that had support on the bottom for using it on soft / uneven surfaces

8. flynz4 macrumors 68040

Aluminum would have scratched the keyboard and mouse. Polycarbonate is actually superior in this case.

/Jim