Has anyone updated from 2.1 to 2.2 and kept the baseband

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jgunn, Dec 22, 2008.

1. jgunn macrumors regular

I want to try it but am pretty nervous I won't be able to use the turbosim afterwards. I'm tired of the safari crashes in 2.1 and want the stability of 2.2 but is it worth the risk?

2. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Thousands of people have done so, including myself and I am sure most people on this forum.

3. jgunn thread starter macrumors regular

Would you be able to point me to a step by step guide that indicates how to keep the baseband. I've googled it but it seems to be for the 2.1 version.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 ^^^ Why wouldn't I?

5. kalex macrumors 65816

Use quickpwn tool and default option i believe is not to do baseband update. works great

6. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Please stop posting wrong answers. Quickpwn will absolutely update your baseband.

iClarified I am sure has an article on how to do this, you need to use pwnage tool to create custom firmware without baseband update.

7. jgunn thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah thanks. I'm goign through the process now but it's guides like this that worry me

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2008/11/22/quickpwn-22-guide-tutorial/

lookign at the comments it seems a lot of people have screwed the baseband following this guide. I'll check out iclarified.

Thanks

8. jgunn thread starter macrumors regular

Worked like a charm. Thanks all. Now I have to get back to reconfiguring most of it.

Thanks again.