Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBook Man

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2006
I am thinking of upgrading to Final Cut Express 3.5 because right now I have Final Cut Express 2.0 and I want to run it on my MacBook. The only problem is that I have 2.0 installed on my MacBook now but I lost the serial number. Does anyone know if I need that to upgrade.

TechnoPagan

macrumors regular
Feb 2, 2006
I'm pretty sure you would need the serial number to upgrade. Not when you send in the discs (if you're taking advantage of the program), but when you get the new disc to reinstall.

However, if you bought it online and call customer service (and you have all of your original order information like order numbers and whatnot), you might find a kind soul who is willing to look up your information. I had to fax them a bunch of stuff, and I'm sure it helped my personal tale of woe that my house had burned down. But I had the original email from Apple saying that my order was shipping, so I could give them a ton of information for them to look stuff up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.