Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PCMacfly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2008
I am on the verge of upgrading from im8 to im9 because im9 looks like it can do everything imHD was able to do as far as special effects go (fast forward, slow motion fx) and other cool features like animated titles & maps.

A few things that are holding me back from doing this are:

1. Can I keep my existing projects (which were recorded in 16:9 widescreen by my SD HDD handycam) in im8 and resume them in im9? I'm not quite ready to export or render my im8 project yet, just want to use im9 to continue my exising project. Is this possible? Or do I have to start a new im9 project from scratch?

2. Will I able able to use the same events I see loaded in im8 that are stored locally on my macbook after I install im9, or will I have to re-import those .mod files again? Assuming since those files are stored on my Macbook they should be able to load in im9 after installation with a couple of clicks.

Thanks

Rizvi1

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
Maryland
Hmm.. I'm I forget what version of iMovie I have, but I actually want to go back to.. I think it was iMovie 6. I liked the way that was

Rychy

macrumors 6502
Aug 14, 2007
I can't say I've done those things in particular since I don't use iMovie anymore (I've played with the new version a little though), but generally Apple's apps are pretty good about that kind of stuff in my experience. I doubt you'd have any problems transitioning from 08 to 09.

Hikkadwa

macrumors member
May 14, 2005
wild west wales uk
iMovie 09

Personally I prefer iMovie 06. The main reason is the ability to trim the sound exactly as you need it within the time line. Dropping in additional sound tracks or sounds in a movie. Its far more difficult and time consuming to do this on 09. Apart from this everything else with 09 is ok. Final Cut is a step too far for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.