Has anyone used a lightning to HDMI for Netflix/Hulu?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lordofthereef, Aug 7, 2016.

1. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

So, I am going to be on the road and in hotels a few times a week for the upcoming year-ish for work, and was wondering about this lightning to HDMI cable. pecifically wanted to know if this will work, plug and play, with netflix and Hulu. I have Binge On and would love to just plug into the tv at the hotel and go from there. Yes, I realize it will be 520p, that isn't my concern. I basically want to plug in and get video and sound without constant configuration.

[​IMG]
    --- Post Merged, Aug 7, 2016 ---
    I suppose another option might be an Apple TV? Is it possible to mirror to Apple TV by connecting directly to the Apple TV?

2. kahuna2793 macrumors newbie

My dauther uses that plug to watch YouTube and Netflix on a 32inch tv works great.

3. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I used that adapter at hotels and my car dash screen. YouTube and Netflix works fine. I think I had issues where Hulu didn't work... I think sound works, but but no picture. I don't use Hulu that much anymore... since I use Kodi. Kodi does work with the adapter.

4. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I use kodi but it would require loading the videos onto my phone... Or eating a ton of data which I wasn't planning on doing.

Thank you for the heads up on Hulu. I don't actually have an account (yet) but was thinking it would be nice for my tracked.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 7, 2016 ---
    I found this regarding Hulu. It seems like it should work, in theory?

5. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I'm hoping some can confirm... Hulu could have changed since I last tried... which is a while back. We have been cable cutters for close to 8 years... so we stream a lot. I do consume a lot of data... :p

6. lordofthereef thread starter macrumors G5

lordofthereef

On that note could you share what you use to "cut the cable"? You can pm me if you prefer. I've been trying to justify dumping s cable package but when you lay $90 a month for 100 megabit Internet and something like 120 channels, it's hard to change our package. Every time they raise my promo price I call in to remove cable and they just offer me the same price for another year lol

We are also moving and that area has Comcast and their internet only packages are MUCH cheaper, so we may go Internet only.

7. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I PM'd you.... and I just tested Hulu on my iPhone with the adapter to my TV via HDMI, and it works... :)

8. jdaniel macrumors 65816

get a chromecast u will love it I saw a friend use it and I got mine ..

9. SHowell macrumors newbie

SHowell

Unfortunately Hulu is not fixed
    However if you start playing a movie and swipe left to right to fast forward a second then swipe right to left to go back the movie will work on your TV.
    There is a glitch when Hulu changed there format