Has anyone used a screen protector on their sport?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iWot, Apr 26, 2015.

1. iWot macrumors member

Just wondering if anyone has applied a screen protector to their sport and if so, how noticeable it is.

Would love to hear from someone

2. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I haven't, but I am considering buying one. I really don't want to chance it, but I don't know if I need one. I'll keep you posted if I end up buying one.

3. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

4. tomegun macrumors 6502

tomegun

That is pretty noticeable to me. I would have thought it would go to the edge more than that. Someone should make a glass screen protector that is rounded and fits perfectly.

5. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

6. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I love Tech Armor, I have those on all my other devices! I'll look into those protectors, thanks for the share!

7. hch3psa macrumors member

hch3psa

Just ordered a set from ArmorSuit. With all the scratching people are posting about I'd rather be safe than sorry. If it really sucks with one on it I'll take it off.

8. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

No, but I **** myself a few times when taking my hands off the keyboard and hitting the desk. It was perfectly fine though!

9. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

I am glad it is fine, because I want to keep my :apple: watch as simple as my 6+ no protection whatsoever.

10. Che Castro macrumors 603

11. skyenet macrumors regular

skyenet

Made my own from an old Zagg Invisibleshield screen protector I got off eBay. Made one for my iPhone 6+ as well. Just careful cutting and hey presto, a quality screen protector. It covers to just over the curve and so far seems to have settled in okay with the contours. No apparent difference in using the watch with it. Had plenty more material so made up a few more, but probably won't even need them. The iPhone 6+ one has been on since launch and is still as new and the phone has no marks on it at all. It does have a bend though :-(

12. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Whoops, thanks for correcting that coupon code. My watch and screen protector looks exactly like Zmanbaseball2 in his post above.

13. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Thanks!! Worth the $.99 even if it doesn't work out well.

14. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

Honestly think I'm going to just buy applecare+ and use the thing the way It's intended... the screen protectors don't cover the edges which i've seen scratches on and I don't want to be worried all the time.. its just 49$ and then if it gets beat up oh well I can replace it before I sell it or just fix it if it bothers me.

15. DJLAXL macrumors 6502

DJLAXL

Bought a Zagg HD for $20 at a kiosk for my 42SGBSB. Works well so far. Hoping for a curved glass protector.

16. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

Wow, $20 to cover the face of a watch. That seems a bit steep.... :(