Has anyone used an iPhone 5 nano-sim in an Android?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by sman789, Dec 28, 2012.

1. sman789 Customer Support

sman789

And most importantly, does it utilize LTE if the phone supports it? I have an iPhone unlimited data plan on at&t back from the first generation. Now I have my iPhone 4 micro-sim in my Gnexus even though it calls for a standard sim size. I would think android phones that have a tray rather than a slot, say the Nexus 4(tray) and Note II (slot) would be a factor. A tray would have a smaller nano-sim bouncing around but the slot keeps pressure on the card.
    It's nice to the flexibility having one card that works in all new phones.

2. Jibbajabba macrumors 65816

Not sure about the US but I am using a I5 nanosim in an adapter in a S3 just fine.

As for connectivity - we don't have LTE but with my current iPhone plan I am only getting 3G funnily enough but HSPA+ on my S3 ...

3. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

I am using my iPhone 5's nanosim in my Nexus 4 with an Noosy adapter with no issues--just swap the nanosim as needed. And even though the Nexus 4 doesn't support AT&T LTE, it wasn't necessary to contact them to change my data plan as many are reporting, though I did have to manual change the APN to achieve optimal data speeds.

4. daveathall macrumors 68000

daveathall

I'm using my ex iPhone 5 nano sim with an adaptor in my S3, works perfectly. We don't have LTE here but it should work fine.

5. cheezeit macrumors 6502

Everything will work fine just be careful with adapters and ripping out the sim pins

6. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

I have Noosy adapter, no issues when I used on my Note 2.

I have to say it, there's no need for it especially when Super Phones are getting bigger.

7. ichii, Dec 28, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012

ichii macrumors 6502a

ichii

Just got a nokia lumia 920, had a iPhone 4s, i don't have any LTE service. My brother with a iPhone 5 gets LTE. Also does anyone know if my unlimited data plan gets carried over to a non iPhone phone?

----------

8. sman789 thread starter Customer Support

sman789

My iphone unlimited plan is fine on my Galaxy Nexus. But I am using the iPhone 4 sim.

I'm planning to move up to the LTE iPhone 5 nano Sim, I believe I can't actually change my data plan to a non-iPhone one without price changes, then pop it into an LTE android phone.

9. ichii macrumors 6502a

ichii

My unlimited plan transferred over from my iPhone 4s, I just had to go to AT&T and explained to them I got a new phone, but I'm not getting LTE signal. They had to update their system to allow my phone to get LTE. Returned the Nokia and switch to Optimus G. I really miss my iPhone, but I was really getting bored of the OS.