Has Anyone Used CapDase Keyboard Protector Covers ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by augustya, Feb 12, 2014.

1. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Has anyone tried using the CAPDASE KeySaver Breather Keyboard Protector for MacBook Pro 15” Retina Display is it any better ? is it better then MOSHI'S ClearGuard ?

The Main difference between the two is

Moshi Keyboard Protector (Clearguard) does not have any holes besides the key so it blocks the heat coming out from beneath the keyboard protector cover from besides the key but it is just 0.1MM which is good...where as the CapDase has small holes cut out on the keyboard protector giving space for the heat to vent out from beneath the Keyboard key's but the bad part is, it is 1.25 MM thick.

I haven't used the CapDase one but from the thickness looks typing would be very tedious task on it ? Can anyone confirm this here ? anyone using or having used CapDase is it better then Moshi better which gives a better typing experience ?

2. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I do not have CapDase cover but I am using Logickeyboard from my school last year I never noticed or felt any warm from keyboard cover. :apple:

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The heat from the computer does not ventilate from the keyboard but from the vents behind the hinge.

4. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

Are you sure about this ? You might just wanna double check on this ? I read it on a very credible website I think it was engadget.com, that there is also heat coming out form besides the corner of all the keys on the keyboard of a 13" and 15" Keyboard of the rMBP !

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes I am sure.

6. Asuriyan macrumors 6502a

The keyboard on the unibody MBPs is a single piece with a thin plastic lining underneath it. There is nowhere for air to escape. Not only would this be impractical in terms of user experience, it would also completely mess up the intended airflow, which is indeed through the hinge gap (as it has been since the PowerBook G4).

7. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

is there anything available in the market which measures less than 0.1 MM ?

8. mrweirdo macrumors 6502

9. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

There are tens of thousand of those available in the Market did you check before ordering what was the size of it ? Otherwise it would make your life very very uncomfortable while typing ?

10. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya