Has anyone used it in their car yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by angrygolfer, Jun 30, 2007.

1. angrygolfer macrumors 6502

I would love to hear peoples' opinions on how the iPhone faired in the car. Whether you tried the iPhone with a FM transmitter, direct iPod interface, Aux port, or builtin interfaces in factory stereos, I would love to know how its going!!!

2. one1 macrumors 65816

Yes I posted last night that it works in the newer Lexus vehicles. Specifically tried in an LS460. It picked up the Lexus bluetooth immediately. Flawless execution.

3. MR MIDWAY macrumors newbie

Parrot 3200

I have the parrot 3200 in each of my cars and the iphone synced up with out hesitation in both of them:)

4. toneloco2881 macrumors 6502

I used mine in m vehicle. The dash has been retrofitted with an Avic D3 by pioneer. The unit has a iPod connector which worked perfectly with the iPhone. I was worried b/c when I plugged it up my iPhone offered to turn off my cell radio which I obviously didn't want to do. Anyways, the interaction worked perfectly. I can see all my playlist, artist, etc.

5. angrygolfer thread starter macrumors 6502

toneloco, any interference in the stereo like static while using the iPod function when a call comes in?

6. copland007 macrumors member

copland007

The HFL worked perfect in my 06 TL, shows the battery meter as well. It takes a few seconds longer than my razr did to pair every time i get into the car, but that's not a huge issue.

7. toneloco2881 macrumors 6502

None that i can remember. I received 2 calls while driving and the music just faded into the audible ringtone.

8. janey macrumors 603

janey

9. ksz macrumors 68000

Works just fine in my BMW with iDrive. Pre-2006 iDrive firmware may not work properly so request an upgrade from your BMW dealer.

10. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Worked fine with my adapter from mp3yourcar.com. I mounted it in the dash holder I put my iPod in and it was an awesome sight at night. The way browsing music while you're driving should be! :cool: Can't wait for that 6G iPod!

11. qamaro macrumors member

qamaro

Confirmed in BMW's w/iDrive

The phone pairs properly via Bluetooth and the address book syncs properly with iDrive system in my 5-series. I don't have an integration kit with an AUX port so use the a Monster FM modulator - that seems to be the only thing not working as music wont play through the direct connection (although it does charge the iPhone). It's a small gripe since I have an regular iPod I use in the car anyway. It would have been nice for that to work but, other than that everything else works great. :cool:

Q

12. AirmanPika macrumors 6502

AirmanPika

I have the same setup and it also works great with my car. I'm tempted to see how it works with the phone part too. Might work as a great hands free setup through the speakers with speakerphone.

13. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I am typing this in my car now and it is working great

14. themodestguy macrumors newbie

themodestguy

15. mashoutposse macrumors 6502

To output music in my BMW, is it as simple as connecting a stereo cable from the phone to the aux input in the ashtray area?

16. mullman macrumors 6502

mullman