Has anyone used Logic Pro X or Aperture with their rMB?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by mentholiptus, May 5, 2015.

1. mentholiptus macrumors regular

Has anyone used Logic Pro X or Aperture with their rMB? I'm considering buying a rMB for simple web & text document stuff...homework, D2L access, etc. However, I use Logic Pro X and Aperture on my main machine, and I wondered how well they run on this laptop. I realize it's not meant to be a heavy lifter, I'm just curious about the performance. I googled it and didn't see much of anything.

Thanks.

2. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Your experience with apps like Logic and Aperture depends on how heavy a user you are.

3. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

logic X is my main app, and...am really intrigued by the rMb. but realistically, this is NOT the mac for any real audio work, or film work. (am planning a new rMbp instead).

still, spending most of my time on THIS forum. will be great when some of this design shows up in the rMbp...

4. mentholiptus thread starter macrumors regular

As mentioned, not for heavy use. The bulk of recording, editing, mixing, etc would be done on my main machine, but it would be nice to be able to use logic for simple midi compositions, or playing with loops, or maybe just recording a single guitar and bass with a drummer track just to get ideas down, etc. Like a glorified 4 track.

It's not going to be the centerpiece of a studio.

So, just wondering how it runs on the rMB. Is it laggy on launch with some simple use, or does it run just fine until sone pressure is applied?

The specs for logic call for 6gb drive space and 4gb RAM. Aperture is less important I guess.